The Partick Thistle thread

Statement from 3BC/JL throws up more questions than answers not unusually. 

Most importantly, Who are this ‘preferred recipient’? And how can this ‘fan centric’ group have formed to take ownership without having any interaction with the majority of the fanbase? Contrastingly TJF has over 600 members + counting, an elected board and a proposal once shares are transferred (albeit rejected by 3BC). 

Further lack of clarity just adds to any speculation that this is a backroom deal orchestrated by the current chair to essentially maintain current positions, and there was no intention to ever hand shares to TJF. 

Additionally, if shares are transferred to this alternative it gives TJF a reason to cease existence - which rivals their statement tonight claiming they were going to keep fighting. 

Edited by JagsCG

Could it be some link-up with the Charitable Trust? 

The Jags Trust still exists could it be them?

What was that last effort at fan involvement called again? Have they got any representation at the moment?

Low going for the status quo of her being in charge anyway.

Can i just confirm something? And apologies in advance if this is daft.

Three Black Cats, of which Jacqui Low is a director, has a controlling stake in the club, of which Jacqui Low is chairman, with a mandate to tranfer ownership of the club to the fans. 

TBC have now decided on their prefered fan led group to pass ownership to, but are refusing to tell fans who that is. But they will tell us that The Jags Foundation, which appears to be the only party actually engaging with the fans during the fan ownership process, hasnt been successful. 

And its now highly likely TBC have decided to give it to a currently unknown "fan" group of which Jacqui Low and some cronies are part of.

Have i got that right? Because if I have, its time to up the Get Jacqui To f**k campaign. She cant be allowed to get away with this.

When did the club last release a statement on this? Was it after the playoffs? I thought they confirmed at the time there were zero other interested parties.

Never mind the other questions but they need to explain how on earth an organisation has managed form and prove they are appropriate in the space of three or four months.

Ironically the guys at TJF seem to be doing a pretty good and professional job. I know times are tough but I’d encourage anyone who can to join and contribute - and for TJF to hold back on any further financial contribution to the club until this is resolved. 

I hope I’m wrong, but feels like sooner than later we’ll need STJ2. 

Another question, and sorry if I’m being daft - with this new “fan group”, where’s the money coming from? I get that the shares are a ‘gift’, but my understanding of basically every fan ownership scheme anywhere is that the fans pay monthly or whatever to be members/owners, and that money helps fund the club? How can that be possible with a group who’ve had absolutely no interaction with the fanbase, and we don’t even fucking know who they are.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

14 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Another question, and sorry if I’m being daft - with this new “fan group”, where’s the money coming from? I get that the shares are a ‘gift’, but my understanding of basically every fan ownership scheme anywhere is that the fans pay monthly or whatever to be members/owners, and that money helps fund the club? How can that be possible with a group who’ve had absolutely no interaction with the fanbase, and we don’t even fucking know who they are.

Well indeed, oneteaminglasgow. You are going to have some very interesting morning reading. Brew a strong and large coffee.

48 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Interestingly wasn’t one of the criticisms previously labelled at TJF by 3BC that they didn’t have enough members at the time?