The Partick Thistle thread

3 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Jacqui Low needs hounded out of our club.

So is 3BC’s long-game just to sustain the status quo in relation to club ownership? TJF are absolutely correct it would appear they at most support fan ownership in name only and have no real plan to roll it out, (certainly not in line with the fan ownership plans implemented at various other clubs in Scotland & England). 

It's been obvious since Jacqui's last mendacious 3rd-person statement that she AKA "Three Black Cats" are quite happy running the club and being in charge, and that's not going to change anytime soon.  I can only imagine she thinks she can get away with gaslighting the fans indefinitely and/or rely on general apathy to stay in charge rather than moving to fan ownership as promised.  What I don't understand is what she gets out of staying for an unknown further period of time when very few fans want her in charge, and she can't be making much, if any, money out of it (can she??!). 

She also seems to think it's OK simply to say "I don't like that fan group - give me a different one" - and to refuse to let interested parties see the books. Both those positions are totally unsustainable and unjustifiable.

6 minutes ago, Death in Vegas said:

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if McCall has had a say in some of this. He was adamant a few times at Ayr that fan ownership isn’t the answer and wouldn’t work.

Jacqui Low being an absolute fucking snake well pre-dates McCall’s return to the club. 

40 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

she can't be making much, if any, money out of it (can she??!). 

As someone pointed out on another site she has season ticket money banked but it appears she wants to stay in charge so not sure what good that will do. Surely TJF have a case of asking legally why Colin Weir’s will wishes are not being carried out though I guess that will be down to how the actual will document was worded!

Edited by Sting777

Jacqui Low being an absolute fucking snake well pre-dates McCall’s return to the club. 

I would love to know McCalls opinion on her. I cannot see it being favourable and if he didn’t love the club so much it would make it harder for him to stay imo.

12 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

As someone pointed out on another site she has season ticket money banked but it appears she wants to stay in charge so not sure what good that will do. Surely TJF have a case of asking legally why Colin Weir’s will wishes are not being carried out though I guess that will be down to how the actual will document was worded!

It means that season ticket holders can't withhold financial support.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would love to know McCalls opinion on her. I cannot see it being favourable and if he didn’t love the club so much it would make it harder for him to stay imo.

He quite often talks positively of her and Britton in interviews. He’s not daft, he knows Low is the kind of egomaniac who will give him a longer leash/more financial backing if he says some nice things about her, so I’d guess that’s what is going on there.

11 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

It means that season ticket holders can't withhold financial support.

Agreed, though if fans did that it could be the death knell for the club. Think it could be worthwhile for TFJ to ask legally why Weir’s wishes are not being carried out and it might at least lead to her real reason as why she is so opposed to TJF though I think we all know that she wants a fans group in control but with her at the head, something she won’t get if TJF take control!

Edited by Sting777

12 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Agreed, though if fans did that it could be the death knell for the club. Think it could be worthwhile for TFJ to ask legally why Weir’s wishes are not being carried out and it might at least lead to her real reason as why she is so opposed to TJF though I think we all know that she wants a fans group in control but with her at the head, something she won’t get if TJF take control!

PTFC or JLFC? Anyway, as I said, that ship has sailed. JLFC it is.

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You definitely can’t tell from his interviews that he has a negative view of her - in fairness that’s usually referring to financial backing and McCall has been mostly well backed by the board in the last few seasons financially and otherwise. Although it’s not uncommon for Ian McCall to say one thing in an interview and actually think and believe another, so I suppose his actual view is perhaps unclear but I also doubt whilst she sits at the top we’ll ever hear it.