The Partick Thistle thread

9 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

It'll definitely be lower, was always going to be decent last season coming off a year behind closed doors and a league win.

I see we're still offering streaming for overseas viewers now the Saturday blackout is back, which is good , was worried we'd stop it entirely. Would be interesting to see what the numbers were last season, while obviously bums on seats in the ground is better, I genuinely don't think it's that much of a drop off in numbers overall if it was still open to domestic viewers, folk who want to go will largely go and if people were swithering because of e.g weather or cost of living then the club get £12 (less costs) if they stream vs £0 if they watch Soccer Saturday.

@LeodhasXD who does the Alloa streaming stuff has a good handle on the breakeven numbers for this.

All depends on what system you're using for streaming. You can pay someone over the odds or you can do it for relative buttons. Jagzone is one of the few I have absolutely no idea on what system it's on. You guys will probably have international subscribers but the specific caveat that Jagzone would be reviewed yearly makes me think you're not overly optmistic of a viable income. Your web developers the other week said your website outage was outwith their control but we had our website back up within a couple hours and we use the same host so purely on that basis that they are pretty hands-off I reckon you're probably paying a third party a bit more for your system.

Course things may change dramatically if they relax the holdback hours rules and allow midweek games to be shown in the UK and Ireland.

Partick Thistle 15 Cameronians 0! Thistle’s annihilation of the army side back in September 1895 stands as a record score for the Glasgow Cup competition as a whole. To our great frustration, several papers refused to give up the scorers... or so we thought. 4/5 years after we last checked the Scottish Referee, our Joe Kelly retraced the footsteps and there it was all this time... just 2 columns to the left in the big long rambling district jottings, which just goes to prove 8 eyes are better than 4... all 15 scorers revealed!!!

We've had some amazing finds this years but this is right up as possibly the best of the lot. The biggest take is yet another 4 goals for Willie Paul (8 in the last few days!!!), lifting him to 233, just 6 off the very summit of our 'All Games' scoring chart, with great potential yet for the conversion of unknowns.

PTFC All-Games Scorers Chart
239 - Willie Sharp (1939-1956)
233 - Willie Paul (1885-1900)
130 - George Smith (1954-1963)
127 - Kris Doolan (2009-2019)
122 - Jimmy Walker (1947-1953)
115 - John Torbet (1924-1933)
114 - Peter McKennan (1935-1947)
109 - Davie McParland (1954-1967)
106 - Willie Newall (1939-1945)
100 - John Wallace (1936-1945)
100 - Sandy Hair (1923-1928)

You can read the Referee articles and explore all the impact of this find via our home page today...

thethistlearchive.net →

willie-paul-2.jpg

Edited by The Thistle Archive

There's a short update with McCall on the youtube channel from a couple of days ago (tho I don't think the club linked to it on other socials, might be wrong) where he says the defender we thought we had didn't happen, we have one option up here which is preferred and 2 or 3 from down south but might not be before Saturday.

Don't see there's any way we'd get rid of Tunji, we were already short a defender before Muirhead got injured.

As I said the other day, it’d have been a near miracle to surpass last season’s total of STs, but this is still absolutely brilliant heading into the first home fixture. Big well done to Jags for Good and all they’re doing too! 👏 

4 minutes ago, Reid said:

What was last season’s figure? Breaking 2000 seems pretty good.

Just over 2.5K. 2000 is still up on what we were pre-covid though I think and a very good figure given current circumstances IMO.

Edited by JagsCG

23 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Does the code for the free bus travel actually work for anyone? The one emailed to us isn't recognised by the first app.

I just setup the app and tried. Didn’t work even though I followed all the steps and pasted the code directly from their email 

• Select ‘Mtickets’ tab then set your region to Glasgow Network
  • Select ‘Day’ category and add your Adult Day Ticket to your basket.
  • Enter code: (TBC) at checkout. 

8 minutes ago, ClydebankJag said:

I just setup the app and tried. Didn’t work even though I followed all the steps and pasted the code directly from their email 

• Select ‘Mtickets’ tab then set your region to Glasgow Network
  • Select ‘Day’ category and add your Adult Day Ticket to your basket.
  • Enter code: (TBC) at checkout. 

Cheers, glad it's not just me. Hopefully the club put something out to let people know when it'll be fixed.