The Partick Thistle thread

20 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Brian Graham at centre half will be some laugh tbh. 

FTFY

Assuming Hodson does sign, McMillan could cover centre half as well so it's an area we're OK in but not a great start to this season's injury roulette. 

He had a tough gig when Sandy Brown departed for Everton in September 1963, but the teenage Hugh Tinney soon won over the Jags fans with his marauding fearlessness from the left back position. On this day 1968 (by sheer co-incidence actually) Hugh actually played against Thistle for his new team, Bury, in an exciting 3-3 draw at Gigg Lane.

And today, for the first-time ever, we've introduced an 'Audio' tab to the player's profile concept, with Hugh Tinney being the first. It's a nice and easy template to apply, so if anyone has any more please let us know and we'll apply them to any given profile.

If you get the chance, Hugh's great hour-long life-story interview is well worth a listen...

Hugh Tinney →

tinney.png

Does Ian McCall do a wee pre match press conference? Would be interested to watch it but can't seem to find anything online.

Bowyer does for Dundee but it's behind a pay wall so can't unfortunately link it for any of you that are as equally as sad as me and enjoy stuff like that.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Does Ian McCall do a wee pre match press conference? Would be interested to watch it but can't seem to find anything online.

Bowyer does for Dundee but it's behind a pay wall so can't unfortunately link it for any of you that are as equally as sad as me and enjoy stuff like that.

Either Scally or Archie do a pre-match preview rather than McCall, normally it's on youtube too but it's not there yet however it is on the official site.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/dundee-preview-neil-scally-30th-july-2022/

Edited by Pie Of The Month

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McCall does usually do a pre-match press interview most weeks which is in the papers on a Saturday morning but as the previous reply says it’s usually Archie or Scally that does the video for the club website. 

Anybody have any idea what kind of numbers the season ticket sales are at? Not heard anything about it in a while. Guessing they are a bit lower than last year but despite us having a better squad I do understand the cost of living is an issue just now so perfectly understandable for any club to be a bit lower than last year.

Terrific result but with the 3 main centre backs all injured we could do with a BIG centre half on loan for 6 months!! Is Jim Slavin still playing? What a difference it was seeing the bench today!! Early days but on that display we won’t be far away this season!

3 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

How is Kyle Turner doing with you guys?

Do you see him making the step up to the top league?

He’s either brilliant or non existent. I’m hoping we are offer him a new deal and he gets played in his best position this season. Can control a game easily when in the mood though.

3 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

He’s either brilliant or non existent. I’m hoping we are offer him a new deal and he gets played in his best position this season. Can control a game easily when in the mood though.

His Dad still looks like he could play. Hasn’t put on any weight since his playing days. Hard as nails. 
Hopefully Kyle can push on and have a good career.

Good luck for the season ahead.

17 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

How is Kyle Turner doing with you guys?

Do you see him making the step up to the top league?

Realistically, no. Decent set pieces, but pretty lightweight. He wouldn’t cut it in the top flight imo.

24 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Realistically, no. Decent set pieces, but pretty lightweight. He wouldn’t cut it in the top flight imo.

Depends where and how he’s playing, I think. As an attacking midfielder with other guys to do the legwork and I think he could do bottom half of the Premiership, Anything else and I’d agree with you. 

24 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Actually disagree with that, played as the attacking midfielder in a midfield 3 he has been the best player on the park on several occasions. Don’t feel as if he has been used in his natural position enough to be overly judged. 

Guess where he played today? Shafted to Right back, and btw wasn’t too bad either.