The Partick Thistle thread

10 minutes ago, Mip1999 said:

thoughts on Cammy Smith? for me he's just anonymous..against Fraserburgh no less.. then i saw him receive a decent ball in the box... and he fell on his arse

Pish.

Seems to work relatively hard so i dont think its for the lack of trying. 

Did seem better when he drifted inside so its maybe to do with the position he is being asked to play, but he should be no more than a squad player this season.

6 hours ago, Mip1999 said:

thoughts on Cammy Smith? for me he's just anonymous..against Fraserburgh no less.. then i saw him receive a decent ball in the box... and he fell on his arse

He's terrible  I'm hoping he gets moved on come nearer the end of the transfer window he offers nothing to the team, fell on his arse last night when inside the box in a great position pretty much sums him up for me, had a cheek to applaud the fans against Stenhousemuir & worse still some fans returned the applause for him. Is it me or am I missing a player in there??

What would you rather he did after being subbed off on the opposite side from the dugouts and having to walk round the pitch in front of the Thistle fans? Give us all the w****r sign? It's nice to be nice, especially first game of a new season. 

I actually thought he was decent against Stenny but vs Killie and last night he was back to last season's form. However he isn't a wide player and hopefully shouldn't have to play there if all of Tiffoney, Fitzpatrick and Lawless stay fit and in form. 

If we're playing 433/4231 he should be backup central attacking midfielder behind Turner and potentially McKinnon, and if we're playing 442 he should be 4th choice striker, 5th if we sign another. 

1 hour ago, colliedug said:

He's terrible  I'm hoping he gets moved on come nearer the end of the transfer window he offers nothing to the team, fell on his arse last night when inside the box in a great position pretty much sums him up for me, had a cheek to applaud the fans against Stenhousemuir & worse still some fans returned the applause for him. Is it me or am I missing a player in there??

Would you rather he started helecoptering people and laughing as he walked by, whilst fans burn effigies of him? 

Hes still a Thistle player, and it's not like he's not trying - just not very good for us.

I thought he did well against Stenhousemuir and deserved a bit of applause in that game. Didn’t do much against Killie mind, and I haven’t watched any of the Fraserburgh game so f**k knows.

Orher than that, he’s been a disappointment. I keep thinking that there’s going to be a moment where he does something and it all just clicks for him, but it never seems to happen. That said, he’s been a good player for other teams in this league before, including sides who’ve won it, so I’d probably rather we kept him just so he didn’t go off to someone else and come back to haunt us. 

18 hours ago, Mip1999 said:

He has dirty pics of McCall, that is the only reason he get's picked. An empty shirt!

Seen Scott Tiffoney limping a bit crossing the road over the west end today. Doesnt look like he will be available for the start of the season assuming he wont be in training just now