The Partick Thistle thread

35 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Thought it was me who posted mad posts .

Try and triple your £3K much closer to what we received. 

Good that the saga is now sorted for everyone best of luck to Fitzpatrick 

100_Irn_Bru_bottles_-_geograph_org.uk_-_2445220.jpg.c2a163eb11174ca1e7e014da8206fea9.jpg

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Thought it was me who posted mad posts .

Try and triple your £3K much closer to what we received. 

Good that the saga is now sorted for everyone best of luck to Fitzpatrick 

Saga 😂.. Calling that a saga is hilarious. I heard McCalls sent his boy to cut the Queens first team hair for a month and that is the fee.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Rub it in! Watching this in tears here 😭.

Should only continue to improve. Only been FT for 6 weeks 

He was excellent for the most part. Looking forward to watching him this season.

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Harry Milne is fucking excellent. He’ll be massive for us this year.

If you are Cove fan no need to fret as McIntyre has replaced him a 17 year old loanee who has played 6 months at L2 with Elgin and looked suspect against Albion Rovers. Gave him Harry's shirt number to boot. 

Brilliant debut for Harry Milne, judging by that performance he'll should be outstanding for us this season. I think Big Aero will have difficulty getting a regular spot in defence if Brownlie can get match fit and/or Akinola can find the form he had for the 1st half of last season but he was terrific tonight defensively (and obviously his goal was crucial - particularly the timing of it imo). Thought Docherty and Bannigan whilst covering a lot of ground struggled in the 1st half but were much improved in the 2nd as was Turner. Group is in our hands now and anything less than 6 points from the 2 home games will be seen as disappointing. 

Edited by JagsCG

Not hugely fussed about Maxwell, certainly didn't think he'd come to us after his bit in the Athletic last week where he rubbished the Scottish Championship and whored himself out to teams down south. Think it will be another full back we're after but it's going to have to be someone who's happy to start as backup to Milne and McMillan. Given our summer '22 playbook of ex players coming back and the fact Christie Elliott hasn't signed for anyone AFAIK, I do wonder if he's on the radar. 

Muirhead was good tonight even apart from his goal, think all 4 of our centre halves have arguments to start but Holt being left footed probably gets him in one and its between the other three, think we'll see Brownlie start the next 2 games to get some miles back into the legs. 

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

If you are Cove fan no need to fret as McIntyre has replaced him a 17 year old loanee who has played 6 months at L2 with Elgin and looked suspect against Albion Rovers. Gave him Harry's shirt number to boot. 

Nice one, we will sign him in 2 years time lol

2 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Brilliant debut for Harry Milne, judging by that performance he'll should be outstanding for us this season. I think Big Aero will have difficulty getting a regular spot in defence if Brownlie can get match fit and/or Akinola can find the form he had for the 1st half of last season but he was terrific tonight defensively (and obviously his goal was crucial - particularly the timing of it imo). Thought Docherty and Bannigan whilst covering a lot of ground struggled in the 1st half but were much improved in the 2nd as was Turner. Group is in our hands now and anything less than 6 points from the 2 home games will be seen as disappointing. 

Akinola has turned Senna sadly, seems to have lost his way. Hopefully finds his way back.

22 minutes ago, OnlyteaminGlasgow said:

Akinola has turned Senna sadly, seems to have lost his way. Hopefully finds his way back.

The only difference was McCall persisted with Sena for a few games hoping his confidence would come back and to avoid it dropping even further if he was pulled out the team whereas he’s did the opposite with Akinola. Pre-season fresh start and all that though. 

4 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

McCall on Sportsound last night mentioned he's still looking for a defender and a striker. Thought Weston would be our lot up front to be honest.

I have a feeling that McCall is viewing Weston as one of the wide players he was wanting.