The Partick Thistle thread

38 minutes ago, Reid said:

McCall saying we’ve turned down 2 bigs for Graham. One from a team in our league and one from League 1.

I did hear a couple of weeks ago Falkirk were interested but assumed that was someone at it, maybe not. 

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I did hear a couple of weeks ago Falkirk were interested but assumed that was someone at it, maybe not. 

They were my first though from League 1. Could see the other team being QP.

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Could possibly see Graham being groomed to take over from McCall.

Could see that happening.

He did score 18 goals before he got covid & also injured though.
I think we could have held off and seen how this season started for him to see whether we would offer him another year, it's not like having a younger player where you want to have them secured just in case they improve and you're left with them out of contract. He's not going to a higher level at age 35 come the end of the season even if he scores 20 between now and then.
The fact that next to nobody in the league is signing players, yet all of them seemingly needing a 6ft + striker who can hold the ball up and bring others into play and score goals. Who would that be in the mould of....... Hmmm Brian Graham. Folk unhappy of this are deluded.

58 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Maybe Cove were interested too? They like an ageing striker. @CoveRangers1922

Love any player over 32 seemingly! Our squad is a bit older than most but I doubt we'll add any/many more in that bracket.

Signed a 17 year old on loan a few days back, changed days

3 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Could possibly see Graham being groomed to take over from McCall.

No Chance it will be Archie gig for sure. Graham may end up the number 2 after he has learned his trade in the diddy league with the burds.

Can’t see it anywhere else but someone on the Thistle FB page has posted that Adam Strachan has died at 35. Should be shocked but somehow I am not, given the life he was living. Still if it’s true it’s a real shame. He could have went on to have a very good career in football if he had knuckled down. He certainly had the talent!

Edited by Sting777

55 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Can’t see it anywhere else but someone on the Thistle FB page has posted that Adam Strachan has died at 35. Should be shocked but somehow I am not, given the life he was living. Still if it’s true it’s a real shame. He could have went on to have a very good career in football if he had knuckled down. He certainly had the talent!

Aye real shame adam defo had the talent. Was brilliant for us(clydebank) but outside of football his life choices wasnt the best 

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Aye real shame adam defo had the talent. Was brilliant for us(clydebank) but outside of football his life choices wasnt the best 

Mon the papers

Someone has posted he was out jogging and collapsed and died. Certainly wasn’t expecting that to be the cause! Shades of Jamie Dolan if true!

Edited by Sting777

1 hour ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Derek and Gerry in the Premier I’m sure. He looked promising then. Sad end to be sure, but sadly all self inflicted.

The cause of death rumoured wouldn’t indicate it being self-inflicted.

Horrible news that he’s passed away so young. No doubt he should’ve done more in his career but made some very bad choices outside of football and did some terrible things.