The Partick Thistle thread

I refer to them as Morten. There is even recent photographic evidence of home “supporters” at Cappielow wearing Celtic and Rangers tops. A fcuking joke club. Last time they won a major honour was 100 years ago. Last time they were in the top league and relegated Thatcher was still in power. I reckon Toby must be @virginton.

BB232BDC-F740-493C-B157-D7FE48808E9A.jpeg.683ca289ec331b7169602fb87fa66b93.jpeg

I thought our away opener to Dundee at Dens was a shoe-in for TV coverage, probably wouldn’t have fancied going up there on a Friday Night so not complaining.

Inverness fans will be less than pleased with that news I’d imagine, would be annoyed myself if the fixture was in reverse.

Edited by JagsCG

On 28/06/2022 at 13:11, oneteaminglasgow said:

It’s probably a weird situation because he came through our youth academy, but more generally it’s fair enough - it’s just the same mechanism by which we got (or will get) compensation for Rudden. If Fitzpatrick, or his agent, haven’t got the ‘we won’t stand in your way’ thing in writing, then that’s moronic on their part.

I think we’re just posturing to see if we can get Queens to agree a lower amount, but in all likelihood we’ll just sign him, pay it and move on. It’ll hardly be loads of money. 

Fitzpatrick you got 350,000 for him from Norwich after you developed him as a player now we have had him for nearly 2 years developed him more yet we should get nothing that is not going to  happen.

If you really want him pay us or move on do you not think he is worth paying a fee for.

6 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Fitzpatrick you got 350,000 for him from Norwich after you developed him as a player now we have had him for nearly 2 years developed him more yet we should get nothing that is not going to  happen.

If you really want him pay us or move on do you not think he is worth paying a fee for.

You had him on loan for a year, wasn’t your player.  Second year he only played about 12 games- if your entitled to anything be a tiny amount

we are probably waiting for the money for Rudden and Cooper and then settle Fitzpatricks fee

12 minutes ago, third lanark said:

You had him on loan for a year, wasn’t your player.  Second year he only played about 12 games- if your entitled to anything be a tiny amount

we are probably waiting for the money for Rudden and Cooper and then settle Fitzpatricks fee

Money for Rudden eh? 🤣

Get a load of this guy restored (1440x1770) : r/MemeRestoration

9 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

https://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/44320-why-do-you-hate-partick-thistle/

Just been sent a link to this glorious thread. Toby’s headsgone is a particular highlight. 

A glorious read. Toby in particular an angry wee mess, but I don’t think that would come as a surprise to anyone.

35 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

That’s because Norwich offered £350,000 And we accepted it, if anything going to QOTS most likely regressed him. So you should probably pay us too.

7 hours ago, gmfc said:

I came on here to see if there is anything on here about Robbie Crawford signing for us. When I came across your post Morton fans certainly don't give a f**k about Plastic and every team certainly have their fair share of poor posters.

^^^vying for Tontrooper’s title as Greenock’s biggest slaver.

2 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I refer to them as Morten. There is even recent photographic evidence of home “supporters” at Cappielow wearing Celtic and Rangers tops. A fcuking joke club. Last time they won a major honour was 100 years ago. Last time they were in the top league and relegated Thatcher was still in power. I reckon Toby must be @virginton.

BB232BDC-F740-493C-B157-D7FE48808E9A.jpeg.683ca289ec331b7169602fb87fa66b93.jpeg

Funny as f**k, just went and laughed at it on youtube in all it's glory 

Funny as f**k haha

4 hours ago, Greenacres said:

No

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

Any of the itk folk on here know who the triallist who wasn't Fitzpatrick was against rangers today? We lost 3-2 apparently

Could it have just been Doherty again? 

Report on their website, Graham and Smith (!) with the goals for us. Sneddon, Tiffoney and Bannigan all started but no Lawless, Holt, or Dowds in the squad. Was a mixture of their first team and academy - McKinnon played for them so the loan hasn't gone through yet and Williamson wasn't in their squad. 

Edited by Fuctifano

Report on today's game here - https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/rangers-kick-preseason-off-with-thistle-match/29BZPWmP01aTYCsBK3xw81.

Our line up was Sneddon, Muirhead, Brownlie, Akinola, Milne, Docherty, Bannigan Turner, Smith, Tiffoney, Graham.

McMillan was on the bench with two trialists and five apprentices. Mitchell, Holt, Lawless and Dowds were not in the squad.

Cole McKinnon was on the Sevco bench.

A few questions about Albion Rovers 1, Partick Thistle 11

I was at this game. I remember we were rotten in the first half.. so much the Thistle directors in the stand (was iy Hamilton?) with us were getting it. 

That died off in the 2nd half for obvious reasons. 

http://partickthistleahistory.wikifoundry.com/season-by-season/season-1993-94/v-albion-rovers-lc1993/

2 things.. 

1. is the Des McKewon for Albion that Des?

2. Main thing.  I remember reading the programme.  The Rovers keeper was just coming back from a year off. Head injury.. brain damage? So we stick 11 past him!  It always made me think the 11-1 kind of sucked

I wonder what happened to him?  

incidentally I remember Rovers goal... Kinnaird and Nelson messed up between themselves for no reason... typical 

Interested in any thoughts