The Partick Thistle thread

Find myself in the strange situation of actually wanting to buy not one but two Thistle tops this year. 

Both the home top and the Kingsley tops are belters but as a man who only wears these things to play fives once or twice a month hard to justify splashing out the hundred notes required... 

The shorts on the Kingsley kit are a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't mind an away kit with that tartan on it. Actually that tartan being incorporated into a black top would be perfect. 

If we could go back to having Textyle World as our sponsor that would be grand too. 

https://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/44320-why-do-you-hate-partick-thistle/

Just been sent a link to this glorious thread. Toby’s headsgone is a particular highlight. 
Nice to see Falkirk getting a mention too.

Or another mention I should say. His work there was once linked on our thread and he singled me out for some constructive criticism which I thought was nice, and definitely something I took on board.

It would be nice to have an actual rivalry with someone, Airdrie is probably the closest thing we have, the cup tie earlier this year had some proper ill feeling to it. We'll see how it develops with QP now they're bankrolled but other than their manager I don't have any feelings at all towards them at the moment.

Morton though, nah.

35 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

https://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/44320-why-do-you-hate-partick-thistle/

Just been sent a link to this glorious thread. Toby’s headsgone is a particular highlight. 

I'm impressed that he found that much to say about us. 

If pressed to provide a similar analysis on Morton I doubt I would find much more to say than; "meh, decent old style ground, cramped main stand, season 2012-2013 was fun and that's about it". 

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

This is weird and wonderful stuff.  What makes it all the more pleasing is that Thistle fans don't really give a f*ck about Morton.  They have some truly dreadful posters on here, we cruised to the league win against them in 2013, then they got humiliatingly relegated the very next year (10-2), they haven't played top-tier football in decades, their actual rivals St Mirren are a million miles ahead of them, and that's about all I can think of. 

Edited by VictorOnopko

41 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

This is weird and wonderful stuff.  What makes it all the more pleasing is that Thistle fans don't really give a f*ck about Morton.  They have some truly dreadful posters on here, we cruised to the league win against them in 2013, then they got humiliatingly relegated the very next year (10-2), they haven't played top-tier football in decades, their actual rivals St Mirren are a million miles ahead of them, and that's about all I can think of. 

I came on here to see if there is anything on here about Robbie Crawford signing for us. When I came across your post Morton fans certainly don't give a f**k about Plastic and every team certainly have their fair share of poor posters.

26 minutes ago, gmfc said:

I came on here to see if there is anything on here about Robbie Crawford signing for us. When I came across your post Morton fans certainly don't give a f**k about Plastic and every team certainly have their fair share of poor posters.

If you look at the link to the brilliant forum thread that was posted you’ll see that’s not entirely true. 

Robbie Crawford was poor for us but good for Ayr, I’d put it down to a poor 6 months where he played out of position a fair few times too. Still got enough credibility for a mid-table championship move though. 

That thread is a goldmine, not only is most of it inaccurate in some way but it’s just really hilarious. I had no idea Morton fans had such a strong dislike for us that went beyond the fact we won the league in 2013. A particular highlight;

2005 2nd Division play-offs.  Hated them ever since.  Finished a distant 4th in a league of 10 and get promoted and also heard singing "lets all laugh at Morton" in the dressing room after the final.

Edited by JagsCG

45 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Hmmm. You can't have read the Morton forum thread linked here where various weirdos demonstrate that they do indeed give a f*ck, for an assortment of salty reasons, then.

oconnormorton.jpg

Morton are wee shite club, they have little inbred fans and for anyone associated with them to slag anyone else’s stadium is laughable ! They are one of those clubs who will never, never amount to anything.

Also Greenock is just a shite place in general, don’t remember ever stepping foot in that place when it wasn’t pishing down.

Edited by Thistle4eva

2 hours ago, gmfc said:

Crawford was released and won’t be coming back to the club.  It’s unlikely we will know where his next destination is going to be