The Partick Thistle thread

3 minutes ago, third lanark said:

It’s just a guess but I doubt very much that will be the first team strip or ever be worn by the first team.

Usually Greaves release a leisure wear Partick Thistle range at the same time as they release the strips and I think this will be part of that and will be popular with the kids with the holidays coming up

But I definitely do not think it will be the home strip

Looks like a proper strip to me and not just leisure wear

F3B9D3A3-11E9-4C55-835B-304025C04C2F.png

35 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It don't think it matches the teaser that the club released yesterday. Hard to tell from that photo though.

I'm hoping it's a PR stunt. Please be a stunt. Please.

45 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Could be a third strip or leisure wear or Stuart Bannigans testimonial game strip even.  But IMO won’t be worn on league games or cup games by any of the men’s and women’s teams 

F3B9D3A3-11E9-4C55-835B-304025C04C2F.thumb.png.4d46bcbbe91866140e9ec2a49df1624e.png
We had a limited edition half and half home and away shirt last season.

It was a 'proper strip' but was never registered and worn by the team.

That was also a monstrosity IMO and I think I've seen a grand total of one person wearing it.

Lack of yellow on the new training tops as well, if that's what the players have been wearing in recent photos.

I look forward to the trolling ending on Friday and a belter of a home top being released.

2 hours ago, DazzJag said:

I'd heard from a fairly credible source that it's a charity shirt or something like that. Possibly even something for Junior Jags. 

Suppose we will find out soon.

The Junior Jag in question receiving the top in the screenshot being Geoff Capes.

It'd make more sense to be something along those lines.  My wee one would probably love the top, as I imagine a lot would.  As a charity effort that the team won't be wearing, it's similarly attractive to some.  But if that's their idea of a home top - and I worry it is - then I worry for them.

Think I would take the Kingsley top with black shorts ahead of that top without the Kingsley if the kit had red shorts as its looking v v Albion Roversy— and having Albion Rovers kits i associate with relegation in 2018 and 2020. 

Club historian Robert Reid knows a thing or two about Partick Thistle legends, so when he describes Jackie Husband as a Thistle stalwart par excellence one must sit up and take notice. For whole new generations of Partick Thistle fans, “The Jackie Husband” has been part of the bi-weekly parlance for a good few decades now. The East stand named in his honour is an impressive engineering structure of concrete and steel, most certainly fit to house the Firhill faithful at Saturday worship. But what of thee Jackie Husband? What of the man, the legend?

Donald Turner had his eyes on Yoker Athletic's 20-year-old half-back at the start of our last pre-war season, and finally made his move towards the end of 1938. Little did he, or Jackie, know that this would be the start of a working relationship between a man and a club that would span almost 54 years, broken only by a two-year stint as manager of Queen of the South. 368 appearances and 12 goals doesn't even begin to tell the story of Jackie's involvement with Thistle; player, captain, trainer, coach, physiotherapist, scout, kitman, handyman, bus driver, pitch sander, not to mention being a general mentor to one and all, especially in his later years.

On the 77th anniversary of Jackie becoming the first Partick Thistle captain to lift a national trophy at Hampden Park, it's our great pleasure to look back at the life and times of the gentleman who was the very definition of “a great servant to the club”.

Thee Jackie Husband →

thee-jackie-husband.png

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Well, thank f**k for that. Still no idea why an almost universally despised boardroom thought now was the right time to bam up the fans, but whatever I suppose. 

I'm certainly no fan of the board but I'd guess this is more the marketing / social media team doing it for clicks or publicity (which seems to have worked tbf), think most folk twigged it was a wind up as time went on, especially with the Kingsley article yesterday. 

The strip itself is absolutely fine, don't mind the white shorts as a throwback.