The Partick Thistle thread

These are the criteria a tribunal would consider- considering he was at QoS for a year (as their player, not on loan) and played 14 games in all competitions last season, and they didn't pay a fee for him, we can't be looking at paying much if we just sign him and let it go to tribunal.

Fitzpatrick is probably learning the hard way about "gentleman's agreements" and to get things in writing in future.

image.png.61c65610b508a8be063ebf2dc90c873c.png

12 hours ago, third lanark said:

We haven’t received a penny from Dundee for Rudden and he joined them in January- so we might be waiting for that to be resolved first

Rudden joined Dundee on loan in January after agreeing a pre-contract agreement did he not? Compensation wouldn't be due until his contract with Thistle expired and he became a fully fledged Dundee player 

I know it's been leaked for a couple of weeks but as it's officially been confirmed today, I'm struggling to get my head round the need for this Motherwell friendly in the blank matchday of the league cup group stages- we will have played 4 friendlies and 2 competitive games by that point, it's not a testimonial, and not exactly novelty opposition even if we've not played them in 4 years.

Can only guess the sports science folk think we need the extra minutes ahead of the league season or McCall is trying to get in their good books in case Rangers decide not to loan us any more players. 

With the uplift in LC prize money we should be focussing on the games either side of this as getting out the group plus the Killie match being on TV is worth £67k which is an extra week's wages for Kevin Holt. So I can't really see a first team playing much of this especially as we're playing Wed-Sat-Tue.

Edited by Fuctifano

I’m not clued up on the rules with these things but it seems absolutely ridiculous to me that we’d have to pay a fee of any kind to qots considering we literally developed Fitzpatrick from our own academy, he played less than 15 games for you and his contract is now expired anyway at qots. Makes 0 sense to me.

11 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

I’m not clued up on the rules with these things but it seems absolutely ridiculous to me that we’d have to pay a fee of any kind to qots considering we literally developed Fitzpatrick from our own academy, he played less than 15 games for you and his contract is now expired anyway at qots. Makes 0 sense to me.

It’s probably a weird situation because he came through our youth academy, but more generally it’s fair enough - it’s just the same mechanism by which we got (or will get) compensation for Rudden. If Fitzpatrick, or his agent, haven’t got the ‘we won’t stand in your way’ thing in writing, then that’s moronic on their part.

I think we’re just posturing to see if we can get Queens to agree a lower amount, but in all likelihood we’ll just sign him, pay it and move on. It’ll hardly be loads of money. 

51 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I know it's been leaked for a couple of weeks but as it's officially been confirmed today, I'm struggling to get my head round the need for this Motherwell friendly in the blank matchday of the league cup group stages- we will have played 4 friendlies and 2 competitive games by that point, it's not a testimonial, and not exactly novelty opposition even if we've not played them in 4 years.

Can only guess the sports science folk think we need the extra minutes ahead of the league season or McCall is trying to get in their good books in case Rangers decide not to loan us any more players. 

I agree it seems odd. McCall did say that he doesn’t treat the league cup games as friendlies (albeit he says that every year) and perhaps he really wants to make a go of it and allow the cup games to act almost as crucial as league fixtures hence the additional friendly match to field a weaker side/rotate squad etc. I would like to see us qualify from the group to be fair. 

55 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

it's not a testimonial

Irrelevant side-point but wasn’t Bannigan supposed to have a testimonial game at Firhill this summer? Appears to have been scrapped or postponed. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

With the uplift in LC prize money we should be focussing on the games either side of this as getting out the group plus the Killie match being on TV is worth £67k which is an extra week's wages for Kevin Holt. So I can't really see a first team playing much of this especially as we're playing Wed-Sat-Tue.

Killie game on tv is worth £67k?  Are you sure.  I thought they drastically reduced money for TV games in the cups to something like £21k now

Just now, third lanark said:

Killie game on tv is worth £67k?  Are you sure.  I thought they drastically reduced money for TV games in the cups to something like £21k now

It's £17k for the TV game and £50k for getting out the group compared to about £25k for not getting out of the group. SPFL published updated figures this morning. 

It’s probably a weird situation because he came through our youth academy, but more generally it’s fair enough - it’s just the same mechanism by which we got (or will get) compensation for Rudden. If Fitzpatrick, or his agent, haven’t got the ‘we won’t stand in your way’ thing in writing, then that’s moronic on their part.
I think we’re just posturing to see if we can get Queens to agree a lower amount, but in all likelihood we’ll just sign him, pay it and move on. It’ll hardly be loads of money. 

Do you reckon what we might eventually receive for rudden would more or less cancel out the sum we’d have to pay qots? Imo unless it’s a ridiculous amount, we should just pay whatever it is. I think fitzy will be great for us this season and really compliment tiff by giving us a threat down the opposite side. Something about the signing feels a bit like fate to me that he’s going to be brilliant for us should we sign him.

3 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

Do you reckon what we might eventually receive for rudden would more or less cancel out the sum we’d have to pay qots? Imo unless it’s a ridiculous amount, we should just pay whatever it is. I think fitzy will be great for us this season and really compliment tiff by giving us a threat down the opposite side. Something about the signing feels a bit like fate to me that he’s going to be brilliant for us should we sign him.

We should get considerably more for Rudden than what we might have to pay the Doonhamers for Fitzpatrick. Rudden was with us far longer, played many more games and was capped at U21 level during that time. Sevco will be due part (20%) of what we get for Zac. 

7 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

I don’t know really, but I would expect that we’d be due more for Rudden than Queens would be for Fitzpatrick. 

I would imagine whatever we receive for Rudden will far outweigh what we would be required to pay for Fitzpatrick given Rudden played far more matches for us than Fitzpatrick did for QotS and Rudden received u21 International caps whilst with us and they are both factors(according to what others have posted) that are taken into account by the tribunal.

ETA as @Bishop Briggs said

QotS would have held Fitzpatrick's registration whilst on loan with them due to the way cross border loans work and gained U19 caps during that time as well so there's only a handful of games in it and Rudden played some of those at a lower level than Fitzpatrick did for QotS. He's also younger than Rudden was when he signed an official deal. I don't think either will be super expensive tbh.

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

QotS would have held Fitzpatrick's registration whilst on loan with them due to the way cross border loans work and gained U19 caps during that time as well so there's only a handful of games in it and Rudden played some of those at a lower level than Fitzpatrick did for QotS. He's also younger than Rudden was when he signed an official deal. I don't think either will be super expensive tbh.

Dont know if this would have all been covered in the Norwich fee, but Fitzpatrick was apparently with Thistle since he was 8 before he went to Norwich

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

New home strip on Friday. Based on that small snippet, I’m very worried we’re in for a horror show. 

Please, for the love of f**k, make this a red herring and the strips are at least in a straight line. 

Any sort of artistic/funky effort can get so far to f**k.