The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aye, he was very good for us last season and made the PFA team of the year. Think he reads the game very well, and just generally has a lot of really good attributes. He did struggle a bit with more physical strikers, and I recall Joel Nouble in particular making him look like a wee boy.

I think we universally would have had him back, but I’m not surprised he’s got a Premiership move. Good luck to him

Cheers. You guys are looking to bring in Euan Murray apparently.

20 hours ago, JagsCG said:

I wouldn’t imagine he’s just been banished from training, he’s surely doing pre-season elsewhere as a trialist like Fitzpatrick is with us. 

I’d like to have seen him get a chance in midfield and felt he was a good prospect but have no idea how he got on at Alloa (other than that challenge v Celtic), and it might just be he’s not good enough on the ball to play regularly in midfield at our level.

Having a medical and signing for Hartlepool United. Hope the move works out for him.

Hartley has signed Tumility too. I'd have taken him as well as McMillan.

Id be very surprised if we let Euan Murray leave unless we are bringing in a starting centre half. He is probably 2/3rd choice at the moment and we play a back three. He's also won the league captaining the side for half the season and into a league where he has never made it too. I would be worried about his mentality if he feels he can't contribute in the Premier League as he featured heavily last season. It would be a statement from Partick to get him as I felt outwit Taylor and probably Obrien he was one of the best centre backs in the Championship.

10 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

Id be very surprised if we let Euan Murray leave unless we are bringing in a starting centre half. He is probably 2/3rd choice at the moment and we play a back three. He's also won the league captaining the side for half the season and into a league where he has never made it too. I would be worried about his mentality if he feels he can't contribute in the Premier League as he featured heavily last season. It would be a statement from Partick to get him as I felt outwit Taylor and probably Obrien he was one of the best centre backs in the Championship.

Is Mayo not likely to push Murray further down the pecking order?

With Brownlie, Akinola, Holt and Muirhead in reserve I don't see another CB being high on the lost at the moment. Unless it is the next Lewis Mayo on loan from an arse cheek. 

If the source for this Euan Murray chat is that David Vize Twitter page, then I’d be fairly confident that it’s completely unsubstantiated. 

He broke the news that we were signing Frankie Musonda before anyone else. No idea who feeds him some stuff but there’s the odd thing he comes out with that he gets right.

But aye, a lot of stuff is just regurgitated from the DR or S*n.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He broke the news that we were signing Frankie Musonda before anyone else. No idea who feeds him some stuff but there’s the odd thing he comes out with that he gets right.

But aye, a lot of stuff is just regurgitated from the DR or S*n.

It's a windup account.

53 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

David Mitchell has been released by Hibs and was linked to us but he's said when leaving that at his age playing is the most important thing so can probably rule that one out as can't see Sneddon being dropped for him.

If he’s 3rd choice at Hibs he’s maybe seeing it at least as an opportunity to become a no. 1. with us. Would be hugely beneficial to us having an experienced keeper to push Sneddon on further next year IMO. 

Off the top of my head, Morton are the only championship club without a confirmed no. 1, so think Mitchell could well rock up at Firhill. 

The club’s Twitter’s just posted a gif of the comedian David Mitchell. Suppose the goalkeeping David Mitchell has probably signed then.

Edited by Reid