The Partick Thistle thread

38 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

I was there. Milne very good. Doc and Smith not so much.

Fitzpatrick looked OK but nowhere near fit. Young James played well as did Owens at Rt back in the first half. 

How did Neil Lennon's son get on? If he’s any good then we can flog him to Celtic next time they need to get the das on-side 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

How did Neil Lennon's son get on? If he’s any good then we can flog him to Celtic next time they need to get the da’s on-side 

I watched him play in the Glasgow Cup v Celtic last season and was not terribly impressed.  However,  I thought that he played well tonight when he came on. 

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Hopefully we now get a decent offer from Thistle for Fitzpartrick we are  due compo. for him .

I heard Kevin Holt will be paying the compensation for Fitzpatrick out of his own pocket.

Thought Fitzpatrick looked good and showed flashes. He did look like he’s enjoyed his time off though. I’d take him back.

Kyle Doherty didn’t see much of the ball. He’s probably worth another look.

All the youngsters did well. Lyon has impressed me every time I’ve seen him. He’s so comfortable on the ball and takes it well on the turn. Thought McKenzie was excellent in the second half too.

18 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Hopefully we now get a decent offer from Thistle for Fitzpartrick we are  due compo. for him .

How many games did he play for you? Around a dozen IIRC in a rotten side that was relegated?

That's why he's only on trial. If McCall wants him, you will get what what you deserve, not very much if anything.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

3 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Lyon didn’t seem to get much of a look in at Stenny last season - think a few injuries but on the bench a lot at the end of the season. Which is curious, given he seems highly regarded by McCall.

Indeed, James Lyon was an enormous disappointment last season and I go so far as to say I would be astonished if he as any future at Partick Thistle or in full-time football. He scored a smashing goal on his debut in a League Cup group-stage tie against a depleted Dumbarton side, and expectations were quite high (at one point, I believed we had the new Harry Paton on our books!) But it became quickly apparent that he found the rough and tumble of League 2 a little overwhelming - he was lightweight, easy to push around and he always needed time and space on the ball, something he rarely got. A loss of form, coupled with injuries, saw his participation limited to just 17 appearances over the course of the season.

But who knows! He might come good! Maybe!

Surprised that Niang, if he 's not injured or about to leave, was left out of last night's squad. McCall gave him a new contract but hasn't given him a chance in midfield, his best position. It could have been worth giving Sena some game time to stimulate interest from other clubs. Disappointing!

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Surprised that Niang, if he 's not injured or about to leave, was left out of last night's squad. McCall gave him a new contract but hasn't given him a chance in midfield, his best position. It could have been worth giving Sena some game time to stimulate interest from other clubs. Disappointing!

I wouldn’t imagine he’s just been banished from training, he’s surely doing pre-season elsewhere as a trialist like Fitzpatrick is with us. 

I’d like to have seen him get a chance in midfield and felt he was a good prospect but have no idea how he got on at Alloa (other than that challenge v Celtic), and it might just be he’s not good enough on the ball to play regularly in midfield at our level.

7 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

How many games did he play for you? Around a dozen IIRC in a rotten side that was relegated?

That's why he's only on trial. If McCall wants him, you will get what what you deserve, not very much if anything.

He never played as much last year due to the clown we had in charge. And he scored 4 in 4 when back in the team before injury ruled him out for the season. If you can keep him fit he’d be a very good signing for you I’d think, especially under a manager like McCall

9 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Lewis Mayo, any good?

Can't say I remember him from our games last season.

Aye, he was very good for us last season and made the PFA team of the year. Think he reads the game very well, and just generally has a lot of really good attributes. He did struggle a bit with more physical strikers, and I recall Joel Nouble in particular making him look like a wee boy.

I think we universally would have had him back, but I’m not surprised he’s got a Premiership move. Good luck to him