The Partick Thistle thread

15 hours ago, ATLIS said:

No, I think the original conversation came from a PT fan linking it. Although if his PCA with Dunfermline has been cancelled then I imagine he's looking at this level for a deal

I'd like to think Dougie has made him an offer too. We are crying out for someone like him and hopefully the Livyy connection gives us half a chance. He would certainly be a guaranteed starter for us.

Bullen has confirmed he has made an offer for him.

Raith only have 7 or 8 midfielders so they might offer him something too.

Edited by madton

22 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

I'm surprised that initial opinion is split.FB_IMG_1655463783969.jpeg

That's a dreadful photo. The promo graphic makes it look a lot better. I suppose it depends how it really looks close up, but I'd be happy if the Rovers put out a kit like that (although we'd never go for black and white, for obvious reasons). 20220617_122644.thumb.jpg.89179ac8ac02bc542b2035a867c87025.jpg

Very meh. 
One thing I am increasingly not a fan of is the number of sponsors on our kits. I get its income, but having sock, short and sleeve sponsors just looks naff as f**k. 
I kinda like it but it's probably just nostalgia from me with all the French kits of my childhood being crammed with sponsors logos

26 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Very meh. 

One thing I am increasingly not a fan of is the number of sponsors on our kits. I get its income, but having sock, short and sleeve sponsors just looks naff as f**k. 

I like it with the exception of the number of sponsors.  Like you, I think they are naff.

There are 5 sponsors on the shirts which is overkill, especially at £50 each.

I'll stick with the Toff's retro shirts - accurate, comfortable to wear, good quality and still only £40.

1 hour ago, Nizzy said:

I'm surprised that initial opinion is split.FB_IMG_1655463783969.jpeg

Dagger to the heart seeing this!

A few good signings for Thistle and more to come I expect, must be relatively pleased do far?

We need some to start signing players fast. Squad is thin and needing extra quality to compete well at this level.

42 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Ps. We're linked with a loan move for Cole McKinnon. No idea how good he is, or who he is to be quite honest with you.

I think his name was suggested on here after McCall’s interview about signing a midfielder different to who we have now (one that can run beyond etc.), and he’s from the Rangers academy so it’s definitely a possibility. 

On the Away Top. I think it’s O’Neills poorest away top for us yet but then it was never topping last year’s and I quite liked the League 1 season away top too. It’s a solid 6/10 nothing spectacular but in no way an eyesore. Overall their designs have been excellent for us, intrigued to see the home top. 

Edited by JagsCG

55 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Will Lesser Hampden be ready for our visit at the start of January, do you think? 

Ps. We're linked with a loan move for Cole McKinnon. No idea how good he is, or who he is to be quite honest with you.

I'd rather it was finished totally and they played at Stenny for the full season, think I read from the QP thread the intermittent plans are for 900 capacity with 200 away fans which would be rubbish for both sets of fans.

My expectation for any loan signing from Rangers or Celtic are lower than ever I think after the Alegria experience, albeit Mayo was solid enough. Agree he is / was probably the loan deal that McCall hinted at a few weeks ago as a centre mid. I suppose at least if he joins we might bin the offer to Crawford (if it's still open).

I'd rather it was finished totally and they played at Stenny for the full season, think I read from the QP thread the intermittent plans are for 900 capacity with 200 away fans which would be rubbish for both sets of fans.
My expectation for any loan signing from Rangers or Celtic are lower than ever I think after the Alegria experience, albeit Mayo was solid enough. Agree he is / was probably the loan deal that McCall hinted at a few weeks ago as a centre mid. I suppose at least if he joins we might bin the offer to Crawford (if it's still open).

A few folk have heard he’s on his way back to Ayr but not sure how true it is. I’d be delighted to get him back despite his recent spell at Partick.

Crawford  - more so than Smith -was stuck out on the wing quite often which clearly isn't his position. If we were actually going to play him centrally I'd be more inclined to keep him but McCall is welded to the Bannigan-Docherty partnership and everyone else has to fit around it so there's no point in us having him back and eating up budget to waste him again.

31 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

On the Away Top. I think it’s O’Neills poorest away top for us yet but then it was never topping last year’s and I quite liked the League 1 season away top too. It’s a solid 6/10 nothing spectacular but in no way an eyesore. Overall their designs have been excellent for us, intrigued to see the home top. 

A return to hoops and a decent collar are musts for me.

It would great if we could buy strips without the sponsors' logos.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

A few folk have heard he’s on his way back to Ayr but not sure how true it is. I’d be delighted to get him back despite his recent spell at Partick.

If Crawford hasn’t signed for us by now despite an offer allegedly being there from the end of last season, I’d assume he won’t be (perhaps that’s hope over logic though). 

McCall saying in his latest update that he’s still looking for another pacy winger in the Tiffoney mould. Two midfielders close to signing and a GK not far away. Still feels another defender and striker are required.