The Partick Thistle thread

On 01/06/2022 at 11:47, Jacky1990 said:

Any idea where Sibbald is heading?

Didnt realise he had fallen out of favour with you and had been released. Would absolutely take him to compliment Docherty/Bannigan.

I'm a bit late to this but Dunfermline apparently 

*edit* Nevermind, it's been posted above :D I was just searching his name

Edited by ATLIS

10 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Rumour is he signed a deal with Dunfermline before their relegation...not sure if he'll try/be able to get out of it

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I'm a bit late to this but Dunfermline apparently 

*edit* Nevermind, it's been posted above :D I was just searching his name

Extremely idiotic of him if he signed with Dunfermline and cant get out of it now they're relegated. Also got to question someone who actively wants/wanted to sign for John Hughes.

If he does end up there, what a waste. 

47 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Extremely idiotic of him if he signed with Dunfermline and cant get out of it now they're relegated. Also got to question someone who actively wants/wanted to sign for John Hughes.

If he does end up there, what a waste. 

There have been stranger things happen in football but given his love in for the navy blue I doubt he'll end up at Dunfermline. QP's sugar daddy has gazumped us the last time it was mentioned in our thread, apparently dishing out some lovely signing on bonuses.

Don’t really understand players signing pre-contracts with potentially relegated clubs, when if they’re a decent enough player (like Sibbald is) they’ll still get another club when they’re a free agent anyway. 

Don’t really understand players signing pre-contracts with potentially relegated clubs, when if they’re a decent enough player (like Sibbald is) they’ll still get another club when they’re a free agent anyway. 
If he wants to play for a city club it's realistically Athletic or Albion for him. Dunfermline have pulling power now.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

There have been stranger things happen in football but given his love in for the navy blue I doubt he'll end up at Dunfermline. QP's sugar daddy has gazumped us the last time it was mentioned in our thread, apparently dishing out some lovely signing on bonuses.

He was very close to signing for them on loan in January, Dunfermline refused to pay his wages. He had agreed to go, as has he agreed a precontract 

7 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I believe you can still walk away from a PCA. Lamie done it to Dundee this season.

8 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

To be fair precontracts aren’t worth anything until they’re official. You can walk away from one without any repercussions - in Scotland anyway. 

6 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
10 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

If he wants to play for a city club it's realistically Athletic or Albion for him. Dunfermline have pulling power now.

Or anywhere with a morrisons and a train station.

the inbetweeners text GIF

8 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

He's agreed to join us a couple of times, including this PCA but the rumour is its got a relegation clause, smart from Sibbald. 

On 01/06/2022 at 22:52, Bishop Briggs said:

I see Dowds as back-up to Graham in a 3-5-2 formation.

Do you think that Dowds could play on the right-wing in a 3-4-3?

Given Graham’s abysmal form in the 2nd half of the season, I will be astonished if Dowds isn’t the main striker next season

18 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Given Graham’s abysmal form in the 2nd half of the season, I will be astonished if Dowds isn’t the main striker next season

Given Graham's age and Dowds being okay at this level at best, I would be astonished if we dont sign at least one other player to be our main attacker next season.

Pretty sure Graham was playing injured for a fair bit of the second half of the season. He’s fine as our main striker as long as we have someone running off him (like Rudden in the first half of the season - when Graham played his best stuff) and adequate cover to avoid relying on him too much (better than MacIver and Alegria)

8 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

adequate cover to avoid relying on him too much (better than MacIver and Alegria)

I work most Saturdays but Im sure someone on here could make themselves available and have more of an impact than those two

10 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Given Graham's age and Dowds being okay at this level at best, I would be astonished if we dont sign at least one other player to be our main attacker next season.

I think it’s got to be a priority. That said, anyone only looking at Graham’s 2nd half of the season is doing him a massive disservice given he was injured for much of it (and still played - such is his character) and he himself admitted he struggled to recover from long covid. A good pre-season behind him and he could still have a very vital role to play next season. The loss of Rudden (or the lack of signing an adequate replacement) also hampered Graham, they had worked up a decent partnership where Zak didn’t mind doing most of the running and hard graft. 

McCall did mention he was likely planning to go with a 4-3-3, which would mean one of Dowds or Graham, that might increase the likeliness of a third choice striker being a prospect or Premiership loan. 

Edited by JagsCG