The Partick Thistle thread

23 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Anybody renewed their season ticket yet? I got the renewal e-mail the other day, opened it up put in card details and boom renewed in about two minutes all in. 

I have just renewed, simple process via the link.

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

Which one? 

I’d assume Mitchell, I’m sure there was chat that it was lined up to happen in January before we got Firth. 
With them having Marshall on the books now, they’ve Macey and Dabrowski as 2nd and 3rd choice so would make sense for them to offload. 

Would think Firth would be going back down south and out of our wage bracket but suppose that’s an outside bet too. 

9 hours ago, Acon said:

Would think Firth would be going back down south and out of our wage bracket but suppose that’s an outside bet too. 

I’d like to think Firth would be nowhere near Firhill next season. 

On 04/06/2022 at 10:02, Acon said:

I’d assume Mitchell, I’m sure there was chat that it was lined up to happen in January before we got Firth. 
With them having Marshall on the books now, they’ve Macey and Dabrowski as 2nd and 3rd choice so would make sense for them to offload. 

Spent ages thinking "we had him 6 years ago in the league cup when Cerny was injured and he was old then" but that was David Crawford. 

Other than the terrible Peep Show memes that would ensue, Mitchell would be a decent enough backup signing. 

8 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Yeah that’s probably his likely destination. David Mitchell isn’t a bad shout for backup however, if Hibs are wanting to get rid of him. 

Liam Hughes, ex Celtic and one of several U23 goalies at Liverpool, could be a possible loanee - https://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/liam-hughes. But I hope that Mason McCready will be given a decent chance too.

Liam Hughes, ex Celtic and one of several U23 goalies at Liverpool, could be a possible loanee - https://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/liam-hughes. But I hope that Mason McCready will be given a decent chance too.
I saw a fair bit of McCready last season, he is nowhere near championship level currently. He isn't good with the ball at his feet and his inexperience leads to him coming off his line when he shouldn't and vice versa. We should be looking to get him a league two club and if he can't make an impression there then it's sadly time to say goodbye

We're playing Alloa away in a pre season game on 21 June as per their website. That might be the earliest in June I can ever remember us playing a game of any kind.

Edit - maybe one for @The Thistle Archive to answer? 

Would assume all our pre season games will be away this year. 

Edited by Fuctifano

Looks like James Maxwell has left Rangers, said previously I’d take him as a squad player who we can develop but wouldn’t be disappointed if he goes elsewhere (probably where he’ll get more game time). A claim on the Ayr thread that Crawford was at Somerset Park today, quite good news if true - I’d much rather we spent money elsewhere, he’s nowhere near good enough to play wide-midfield regularly and would likely be down the pecking order of centre-mids whilst on a decent wage. 

Edited by JagsCG

On 01/06/2022 at 11:47, Jacky1990 said:

Any idea where Sibbald is heading?

Didnt realise he had fallen out of favour with you and had been released. Would absolutely take him to compliment Docherty/Bannigan.

Rumour is he signed a deal with Dunfermline before their relegation...not sure if he'll try/be able to get out of it

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Take those kind of claims with a shovel of salt. 

Crawford? If we were to sign him permanently, which I think we may have done by now with McCall’s espionage in Seville, he would be played out of position.

Think we could do better than him, especially trying to fit him into a position he doesn’t really play. He really didn’t make a mark. We’ve already wasted Kyle Turner for a year.

9 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Rumour is he signed a deal with Dunfermline before their relegation...not sure if he'll try/be able to get out of it

Calum Elliot - Wikipedia

In April 2013, Eliott signed a pre-contract[27] agreement to rejoin Livingston for the 2013–14 season, having previously spent time on loan with the club earlier in his career.[28] On 4 June, fellow Scottish First Division side Raith Rovers announced he had signed for them on a one-year deal,[29] prompting the West Lothian side to seek urgent clarification.[30] Both clubs felt they were entitled to register the player[31][32] however, on 6 June, Livingston decided not to pursue the situation further[33] citing their disappointment in the player's conduct.[34] This left Raith Rovers free to register the player. After two years with Raith, Elliot was forced to retire in 2015 due to knee injuries.[35]