The Partick Thistle thread

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

How many Championship clubs is Kai Kennedy going to need to do f**k all at before folk realise he isn’t actually that good?

Also, where does McCall plan on playing Maxwell as he is no where near good enough to be a starter for a top 4 team?

It's a loan from Rangers, McCall doesn't give a f**k if they're good or not.  Kennedy and Maxwell would be the 11th and 12th loans from Rangers in just under 3 years.

It's a loan from Rangers, McCall doesn't give a f**k if they're good or not.  Kennedy and Maxwell would be the 11th and 12th loans from Rangers in just under 3 years.

Both are left sided players and neither of them would displace Milne or Tiffoney respectively. Goes against McCall saying that he likes his loan players to be starters. Unless Tiffoney is indeed leaving.

I could’ve understood Maxwell signing if you hadn’t gotten Milne. I think he’ll make a good full back at this level. But I don’t ever see him being good enough to play in midfield. A lot of our fans are desperate to have him back but I just don’t get it.

In other news, is Cammy Smith likely to stay? Could see him coming back to us if he leaves.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Both are left sided players and neither of them would displace Milne or Tiffoney respectively. Goes against McCall saying that he likes his loan players to be starters. Unless Tiffoney is indeed leaving.

I could’ve understood Maxwell signing if you hadn’t gotten Milne. I think he’ll make a good full back at this level. But I don’t ever see him being good enough to play in midfield. A lot of our fans are desperate to have him back but I just don’t get it.

In other news, is Cammy Smith likely to stay? Could see him coming back to us if he leaves.

Must admit the thought of a left side of Harry and Tiffoney is giving me sleepless nights already.

Could have pace and power overlapping searing pace and trickery

Edited by CoveRangers1922

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The daily record also said we were going to sign Maxwell in January and Paddy Reading in the summer- neither of which happened- so maybe take with a pinch of salt

Is Cooper even our player to sell if he's at the Thistle Weir Academy? I saw a couple of players had signed modern apprentice contracts with the club but he wasn't one of them. 

Wouldn't be enthused at all with Kennedy and Maxwell would be purely backup to Milne.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It’s the double-edged sword of McCall being ‘pals’ with Rangers. We might get Mayo back this season but have to take some shitty youth players who won’t make a lasting impact. 

I’d probably take James Maxwell, but Kai Kennedy seems to have done nothing of note in his previous championship loans that would make him worth signing. 
Tying this in with the Cameron Cooper deal looks like complete guesswork from the Daily Record however. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Take him. 

Seriously though, I suspect if we get a replacement for him in then he could be told he’s surplus to requirements. 

Edited by JagsCG

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

How many Championship clubs is Kai Kennedy going to need to do f**k all at before folk realise he isn’t actually that good?

Also, where does McCall plan on playing Maxwell as he is no where near good enough to be a starter for a top 4 team?

You could say the same thing about a lot of the Rangers B Team squad. 

We've been linked with Maxwell for months. There were reports that he was out of contract at the end of the month. It's possible that he's been offered a new deal and compensation would be payable. 

McCall should sign Cooper on a professional contract rather than let the bigoted blue cheek ruin him. FT......

Edited by Bishop Briggs

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Is Cooper even our player to sell if he's at the Thistle Weir Academy? I saw a couple of players had signed modern apprentice contracts with the club but he wasn't one of them. 

Wouldn't be enthused at all with Kennedy and Maxwell would be purely backup to Milne.

Surely he counts as our player? Like, if we were due compensation then would have to think time in Thistle Weir would be counted as time with us. 

For Thistle fans who are not already members of the Foundation, or whose memberships might (understandably) have lapsed, I hope we can persuade you to join or rejoin. It's really easy to do and you can sign up for either a recurring Direct Debit or a recurring card payment on our website at this link

https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/sign-up/

Building momentum in numbers is going to be really important in the coming weeks and months and I hope we can count on your support.

If you have any questions about your membership or membership status, please email membership@thejagsfoundation.co.uk.

6 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

For Thistle fans who are not already members of the Foundation, or whose memberships might (understandably) have lapsed, I hope we can persuade you to join or rejoin. It's really easy to do and you can sign up for either a recurring Direct Debit or a recurring card payment on our website at this link

https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/sign-up/

Building momentum in numbers is going to be really important in the coming weeks and months and I hope we can count on your support.

If you have any questions about your membership or membership status, please email membership@thejagsfoundation.co.uk.

Any idea when payments will start being taken again?

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Any idea when payments will start being taken again?

We hope to make an announcement about this soon. We're trying to tie it in with the revamp of the membership package.

Watch this space!