The Partick Thistle thread

53 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Which would then lead me to question as to whether he has signed a right back after all after he indicated at the meet the manager night he had- unless of course he was looking to sign Ballantyne as either cover or to challenge for a starting place

Probably be Christie Elliot.  

47 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

If the meet the manager event was 2 weeks ago would he be referring to Muirhead since he can cover right back (badly)?

I understand Muirhead signed on the Monday morning and the meet the manager night was the Monday night so I’m guessing not 

3 hours ago, third lanark said:

Which would then lead me to question as to whether he has signed a right back after all after he indicated at the meet the manager night he had- unless of course he was looking to sign Ballantyne as either cover or to challenge for a starting place

Probably the latter. McCall may well have a RB lined up, but we still might be on the look out for a backup. 

4 hours ago, jagfox said:

Why not? 

Probably just because it’s not open to all fans. I think there’s been quite a few ‘Meet the Manager’ events for 50/50 winners this season and I guess one for sponsors at the end of the season.  I take it only the people invited were informed.

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Won't top Gary Caldwell and his genuine footballing insight or whatever it as billed as. 

An opportunity to see Gary Caldwell’s infamous PowerPoints was not to be missed.

On 28/05/2022 at 17:05, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Probably be Christie Elliot.  

I'd have taken him January but, with Muirhead signing, McCall needs to bring a younger RB for the future.

IIRC McGhee played Elliott in midfield and we are well covered in that area.

On 25/05/2022 at 12:56, JagsCG said:

In terms of the type of midfielder McCall is talking about, Scott Allan is also out of contract at Hibs. Would imagine he’ll have plenty of offers though, perhaps even some in the top flight. Definitely could be an asset in this league. 

I’ve noticed his name coming up a few times of late. Possibly just fan chat, but if there is anything behind it I would not be adverse to seeing him sign. Like you said he could certainly be an asset in this league.

I know he's regularly deployed Holt at CH, but that's some bit of shade to being throwing at one of your other current players all things considered even if it's true.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know he's regularly deployed Holt at CH, but that's some bit of shade to being throwing at one of your other current players all things considered even if it's true.

Holt prefers to play at centre half and i think most Thistle fans see him as centre half who can cover left back...If Brownlie is fit him and Holt will play in the centre of the defence.

Sounds like that was filmed last week if McCall is away on holiday since last Thursday (as per this article) so nothing really new in it other than the squad size which means we're looking for 7 outfield players (assuming Sena leaves) plus obviously another keeper. 

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Sounds like that was filmed last week if McCall is away on holiday since last Thursday (as per this article) so nothing really new in it other than the squad size which means we're looking for 7 outfield players (assuming Sena leaves) plus obviously another keeper. 

Any ideas where Sena is off to? Personally I think he'll find a club in the Championship. 

Good physicality, decent on the ball but does need some experience next to him I feel 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

15 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Any ideas where Sena is off to? Personally I think he'll find a club in the Championship. 

Good physicality, decent on the ball but does need some experience next to him I feel 

No idea. We've never really seen him play in midfield, can think of one Challenge cup tie at Montrose in 2019, but in 2020-21 he was almost entirely used in defence, so not much of a handle on how good he is in his preferred position. Would think most league one clubs would take him at least but might depend on whether he wants to stay FT. 

Scott Burns reporting that Rangers want Cameron Cooper from us and McCall wants Kai Kennedy and James Maxwell from them possibly on loan.

How many Championship clubs is Kai Kennedy going to need to do f**k all at before folk realise he isn’t actually that good?

Also, where does McCall plan on playing Maxwell as he is no where near good enough to be a starter for a top 4 team?