The Partick Thistle thread

11 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

To be fair, I think it depends on what McCall is planning. If we’re going with a back 3 primarily, then only having 4 centre backs signed up, one of whom has just come back from a long term injury, would be insane.

Docherty, Bannigan and Crawford are all basically the same kind of midfielder though. I’d quite like us to bring in a proper Hugh Murray/Abdul Osman style player to stick beside one of those three, with Kyle Turner given some freedom in front of them.

In any case, our team next season will just be Jordan Rhodes and 10 other c***s, so it’s a moot point really. 

Anonymous shitebags? Think we have had enough of them over the year. Need a true hardman to marshall the midfield, as someone suggested a Martin Hardie type that would run through a brick wall. Kinda though Senna may have been that person because by all accounts he has grown some teeth out on loan but i guess the other parts of his game maybe let him down, Although anytime i have seen him play he has not been amazing nor shite apart from when he went through his confidence crisis before being dropped and chipped out.

Peak Thistle! Selling off last season's "hallowed" turf. I've heard a few names for the playing surface recently. Hallowed certainly wasn't one of them.

19 hours ago, forameus said:

I played in that Firhill Cup last week.  The pitch is a fucking embarrassment.  Wouldn't even put a patch of it in the garden bin.

So did I, the ball kept bobbling in front of me and the pitch is 10 times better than it was in February, unless I couldn't control down to my lack of ability as an old centre half lol

I hope not. We originally signed him as a striker but he wasn't very good then moved him on to the wing where he wasn't very good before moving him to full back where he wasn't very good but sometimes passable. It would hardly a signing to get pulses racing. 

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

It would not surprise me. Or McDaid signing as well.

Worrying how desperate some of our fans are to have Elliot back, they have clearly forgotten how many goals he cost us in his last season with us and the fact he did nothing at Dundee either

Just now, third lanark said:

Worrying how desperate some of our fans are to have Elliot back, they have clearly forgotten how many goals he cost us in his last season with us and the fact he did nothing at Dundee either

He's a legend don't you know. That 190th minute winner at Airdrie!

Christie Elliott is a no from me. Nice guy, but he’s just not very good. After a season of Ciaran McKenna, I’d quite like someone who can control a football competently at right back. 

Hopefully he’s got one of the non-league clubs near Newcastle lined up. 

I wouldn’t sign him but it wouldn’t surprise me if we did. It’s probably acceptable if he was coming in merely as a backup to cover both RB & LB, but we definitely need better as a starting RB. 

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

McDaid would’ve been a semi-adequate signing for a couple months in League 1, when we had no pace in the side (prior to finding Tiffoney) - but absolutely not now. By all accounts he was hopeless at Falkirk recently.

Edited by JagsCG

5 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Christie Elliott officially released by Dundee, wouldn’t be totally surprised to see him back at Firhill.

4 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Paul "Pates" Paton is also available 🙂

Too far?