The Partick Thistle thread

5 hours ago, Trogdor said:

With the bar set that high there can't be many managers in our history you are happy with then?

To be honest with you, there are very few in the time I've been going. Ally in his 3rd spell obviously, and other than that I thought Brian Reid done a really decent job in difficult circumstances. I'm not sure who else you could say you were truly happy with. He wasn't a bad manager, he was competent for the most part bar a really good wee purple patch for 6 months after we were promoted the 2nd time under him.

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Maybe when he gets back from Seville he’ll start signing players again?

Probably not as he's already snapped up Steven Lawless, Andy Halliday and Mark Hateley while he's there. 

46 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Is this at your stadium or is it just another pub in the area? (Or absolutely nothing to do with your club at all?)

815C3F42-0219-4D25-9482-FFEBA43BFB8D.png

As per the caption under the picture, it’s Munn’s Vaults on Maryhill Road. Which is traditionally the pub near the ground that away fans frequent.

58 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

It literally says the name of the pub on your picture.

19 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

As per the caption under the picture, it’s Munn’s Vaults on Maryhill Road. Which is traditionally the pub near the ground that away fans frequent.

So it does. 

At the meet the manager last night and speaking to McCall we have a right back due to come in end of the week, sounds like McMillan or Elliot going off when a boy asked if he played for the club before McCall said aye. 
He is also hopeful of another midfielder and is looking to bring in another goalkeeper, first choice centre back, a striker(who wants to come in as the number 1) and two right sided midfielders, one being Fitzpatrick.
It'll be Tumilty and I wonder if POPLATNIK would be on your radar if not being kept on by Livi

Unless it’s an attacking midfielder (really someone in the Erskine-mould would suit) then I don’t see why we’d need another midfielder, despite McCall’s utter love-in with a bundle of centre-mids in the squad. 

Surprised we’ve not announced Crawford’s extension yet, wouldn’t be bothered if he’s failed to agree terms in all honesty. 

8 hours ago, foreverarover said:
On 17/05/2022 at 16:25, JagsMan1974 said:
At the meet the manager last night and speaking to McCall we have a right back due to come in end of the week, sounds like McMillan or Elliot going off when a boy asked if he played for the club before McCall said aye. 
He is also hopeful of another midfielder and is looking to bring in another goalkeeper, first choice centre back, a striker(who wants to come in as the number 1) and two right sided midfielders, one being Fitzpatrick.

It'll be Tumilty and I wonder if POPLATNIK would be on your radar if not being kept on by Livi

Rumours are Tumilty is off to St Mirren 

On 17/05/2022 at 16:25, JagsMan1974 said:

Completely missed this post, another centre half coming in when we already have 4 on the books would add more fuel to my one man fire that Akinola will be mutually consented this summer, though it could also mean that Brownlie isn't making the recovery he'd hoped.

Also heard separately that Muirhead is P/T with us, Ayr offered him a F/T deal (think he wasn't training F/T with them previously) but he presumably can make more with us P/T and doing whatever outside of football. Bell was P/T last year I think, so not that unusual.

51 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Completely missed this post, another centre half coming in when we already have 4 on the books would add more fuel to my one man fire that Akinola will be mutually consented this summer, though it could also mean that Brownlie isn't making the recovery he'd hoped.

Also heard separately that Muirhead is P/T with us, Ayr offered him a F/T deal (think he wasn't training F/T with them previously) but he presumably can make more with us P/T and doing whatever outside of football. Bell was P/T last year I think, so not that unusual.

To be fair, I think it depends on what McCall is planning. If we’re going with a back 3 primarily, then only having 4 centre backs signed up, one of whom has just come back from a long term injury, would be insane.

8 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Unless it’s an attacking midfielder (really someone in the Erskine-mould would suit) then I don’t see why we’d need another midfielder, despite McCall’s utter love-in with a bundle of centre-mids in the squad. 

Surprised we’ve not announced Crawford’s extension yet, wouldn’t be bothered if he’s failed to agree terms in all honesty. 

Docherty, Bannigan and Crawford are all basically the same kind of midfielder though. I’d quite like us to bring in a proper Hugh Murray/Abdul Osman style player to stick beside one of those three, with Kyle Turner given some freedom in front of them.

In any case, our team next season will just be Jordan Rhodes and 10 other c***s, so it’s a moot point really. 

21 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Docherty, Bannigan and Crawford are all basically the same kind of midfielder though. I’d quite like us to bring in a proper Hugh Murray/Abdul Osman style player to stick beside one of those three, with Kyle Turner given some freedom in front of them.

That’s true. Niang immediately comes to mind, but if we’re happy for him to find another club I guess if someone is bringing steel to the midfield it won’t be him. 

27 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

That’s true. Niang immediately comes to mind, but if we’re happy for him to find another club I guess if someone is bringing steel to the midfield it won’t be him. 

Aye, presumably he hasn’t developed as we’d have liked at Alloa. Good luck to him, but if we’re aiming to challenge for the league next season, he’s probably not good enough to be a regular for us. 

I’ve no idea who the player that I’m looking for could be to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aye, presumably he hasn’t developed as we’d have liked at Alloa. Good luck to him, but if we’re aiming to challenge for the league next season, he’s probably not good enough to be a regular for us. 

I’ve no idea who the player that I’m looking for could be to be honest. 

Some one like this would be nice...

download.jpeg