The Partick Thistle thread

I don't think anyone is saying Sneddon has been shite or that Jake Hastie was a better pick for PotY. 

He's been good, had some great saves, especially in both league games at Palmerston, but he has had a couple of howlers leading to goals as well as getting away with some eg Dunfermline last week. 

The clean sheet record is a bit of a red herring, think the defence deserves some credit for that and the pitch definitely has played a part as well given the huge amount of low scoring games at Firhill - in the last 17 home games across all competitions, only 1 has had both teams scoring and the only teams to score more than once in a game are Arbroath and Hamilton. Haven't checked to see what QPs record is but most of their games seem to end 1-1. 

Aye, Sneddon has been good - and while I wasn’t a fan at all at the start of the season, I’m now happy enough with him as our keeper for the next wee while.

However, he still does some utterly inexplicable things. Like, any keeper at this level and you’ll concede goals where you think they should have done better (and Sneddon has had a few). Further to that though, we also concede goals where Sneddon punts the ball off the striker, then drops it at his feet. Or where he just runs underneath the ball leaving an empty net. We really should have conceded at the weekend where he went to clear it but punted the centre half instead of the ball.

Saves like the one against Queens are great, and he’s improved a lot over the last season but he really, really needs to cut out some of the utter nonsense we’re subjected to from time to time. 

If I was trying to roughly rank the players based on this season it would be

Very Good

Tiffoney
Graham
Holt

Good

Mayo
Sneddon
Akinola
Turner (bumped up a category by his set pieces)
Rudden

OK

Docherty
Bannigan
Jakubiak
Hendrie

Poor

McKenna
Foster
Crawford - in mitigation he has hardly, if ever, played in his correct position
Smith
Alegria
Hastie

Poor might be generous for the last 2. Everyone else I'd say not enough game time to get a rating.

Edited by Fuctifano

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Very Good

Tiffoney
Graham
Holt

Good

Mayo
Sneddon
Akinola
Rudden

OK

Docherty
Bannigan
Jakubiak
Hendrie

Poor

McKenna
Foster
Smith
Alegria
Hastie

Poor might be generous for the last 2. Everyone else I'd say not enough game time to get a rating.

I can see why jackubiak was put in the ok category because of his speed but at the end of the day he is a striker and he has failed to score a single goal.  That miss last Saturday was criminal 

22 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
22 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:
Hasn’t he equalled the no of clean sheets in a league season ? 

Nah, that was mainly the tattie field's doing.

He wasn’t my pick for POTY but that’s extremely harsh.

Apologies if this has been covered already but am I getting this right - Partick and Queen's Park will both have home play off matches mid week next week. Presumably then Partick get first choice to play Tuesday and QP will be playing the day after on an even more trashed pitch?

Think the playoff dates are already set and you're right, assuming it doesn't go tits up tonight we're due to play Tuesday (and the following Tuesday if we get past ICT) with QP playing both Wednesdays due to both teams finishing 4th. 

22 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Very Good

Tiffoney
Graham
Holt

Good

Mayo
Sneddon
Akinola
Rudden

OK

Docherty
Bannigan
Jakubiak
Hendrie

Poor

McKenna
Foster
Smith
Alegria
Hastie

Largely agree with this. Except Mayo in the very good category for me.