The Partick Thistle thread

13 hours ago, OnlyteaminGlasgow said:

A protest of some sort, make it clear to Low in no uncertain terms that her and her cronies need to go! Like the good old days when jags fans used to use their voices and let them in charge know they cannot run roughshod over us all. Her and a couple of the directors on the board really are quite shady charachters, i fear we are going to need save the jags again soon!

Who else is on the board with her..know Rough is always hanging about..is the guy from the basketball still involved.

1 hour ago, IR1970 said:

Who else is on the board with her..know Rough is always hanging about..is the guy from the basketball still involved.

Low, Rough, Smillie from Glasgow Rocks, the hospitality guy who was celebrating Rangers winning an Old FIrm game in the Aitken Suite a few years back plus the 3 apparent fan reps. I think that's it these days.

9 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Low, Rough, Smillie from Glasgow Rocks, the hospitality guy who was celebrating Rangers winning an Old FIrm game in the Aitken Suite a few years back plus the 3 apparent fan reps. I think that's it these days.

“Fan reps” from the PTFC Trust that has failed to hold elections in accordance with its trust deed.

Instead of holding said elections, the Trust had its deed varied to extend their terms.

All the while basic key information about the PTFC Trust is missing from the Club’s website (things like the trust deed, information about membership criteria, election rules etc).

A supporters association where the majority of its board are employees or directors of the actual club.

Worth remembering all of this when Three Black Cats sets out its intentions in the coming weeks.

11 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

“Fan reps” from the PTFC Trust that has failed to hold elections in accordance with its trust deed.

Instead of holding said elections, the Trust had its deed varied to extend their terms.

All the while basic key information about the PTFC Trust is missing from the Club’s website (things like the trust deed, information about membership criteria, election rules etc).

A supporters association where the majority of its board are employees or directors of the actual club.

Worth remembering all of this when Three Black Cats sets out its intentions in the coming weeks.

Who came up with this plan first? Trump or Low?

On 14/04/2022 at 15:00, Pie Of The Month said:

James Cairney has an article about the situation too. Low won't comment until the end of the season apparently.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/20069475.partick-thistle-fans-launch-scathing-response-wake-fan-ownership-row/

Good article, thanks for sharing.

I have a bad feeling about a lot of this. She seems to have hoodwinked a lot of people by being all cosy with loads of people on social media and by doing a lot of PR stuff (the rainbow NHS top, for example), but the fact that she's not willing to share any current financial information on the club with the people who she's supposed to be selling to (as per CW's wishes) is highly alarming. I was initially lukewarm too about fan ownership, especially with some of the folk involved, but I'm genuinely worried that she's leading the club over a cliff.

On 15/04/2022 at 08:54, thistledo said:

Definitely a positive that has come out of this is it's allowing some Jags fans, I believe had expressed interest in TJF before but it hadn't transpired for whatever reason, to really come forward and take action. In all honesty I was quite lukewarm to fan ownership previously, but I've signed up now. There was real anger off the back of her statement, that won't dissipate for me. 

Exactly where I am at. Was never overly convinced with fan ownership due to Thistle fans usually eating themselves, but I am in full support of rallying behind a collective with Thistle's wellbeing at the heart of everything and trying to get this absolute melt that is Low out of the club.

I do worry that she won't go anywhere and apathy will set in amongst the fans then momentum will go. But hoping can keep the pressure on

10 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Fair enough, but has he in his present tenure as manager of Partick Thistle FC?

McCall always strikes me as more an overseer type manager rather than hands on coach.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Sandy Stewart was vital in developing the players day to day in that Ayr team. A role which Archie doesnt seem particularly up to.

Doesnt mean that the buck ultimately doesnt stop at McCall mind.

14 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Fair enough, but has he in his present tenure as manager of Partick Thistle FC?

Off the top of my head Sneddon, Tiffoney, Rudden, Akinola, Mayo you could argue all improved since he was manager.  Graham has been decent - though believe presently injury and perhaps injury have caught up with him

McCall always strikes me as more an overseer type manager rather than hands on coach.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that Sandy Stewart was vital in developing the players day to day in that Ayr team. A role which Archie doesnt seem particularly up to.
Doesnt mean that the buck ultimately doesnt stop at McCall mind.

Feel as though I’m never off this thread talking about auld Jobby so sorry for that lads.

But aye you’re spot on with regards to Sandy Stewart. He led all training sessions and was responsible for how we played really. McCalls tactics were pretty much just get the ball to attacking players like Shankland, Moff, Forrest, McDaid and Crawford and let them do what they do which worked in League 1 but Stewart came in and helped in making us tighter at the back and less gung ho. I’ve heard from guys at Ayr in that time that during sessions McCall would either be in his car, having a fag or on the pitch having a laugh with the players. He’d then reappear on match day and do his team talk and let Stewart or Scally talk the players through the tactical stuff.

It can definitely work but you really need a good coach next to you to make it work. McCall had John Henry for a season and it worked fine, Henry left, we brought in Gary Harkins as a player coach and it went to shit. Apparently he didn’t do much in training himself which fucked the dynamic. Went back to League 1 with just Scally and we tucked along nicely purely because of the ridiculous level of attacking talent we had for that level. Stewart came on board on a PT basis towards the end of that season and joined FT after promotion.

So aye it’s not a slight against McCall in how he works things but he relies heavily on his back room staff with regards to training. Apologies for the long winded post.

On 16/04/2022 at 19:35, ManBearPig said:

Why have we been so shite since January?

The awful Firhill pitch has been a leveller. Several injuries have not helped but selections and tactics have been the key factors. McCall's gone back to playing defenders and midfielders out of position. Crawford, McAllister, Jakubiak and Alegria have not had the desired impact. We miss Rudden badly.

On 16/04/2022 at 19:35, ManBearPig said:

Why have we been so shite since January?

We gave away our best striker half way through the season for the equivalent of a fiver and a traffic cone, leaving us with a (worthy) veteran with a bad back and entirely untested options/traffic cones who haven't contributed up front.  The pitch is in a disgraceful state, and we had a covid outbreak.   The Archibald-trademark last minute goal conceding has also crept back in, after a pleasant spell when it was becoming a distant memory.

The board's worrying desperation to gather in trickles of cash by selling Rudden and hiring out the pitch has badly hindered us.

There is obviously significant discontent among the fans at Low's antics - which makes me wonder if the players and coaching staff are happy, or are also being demoralised by her mismanagement.

Might not be the worst thing in the world for us to get papped out early in the play-offs (if we get there).

It is clear this team, and the club itself, isnt anywhere near ready for the top flight. We'd likely just come straight back down and end up in the same situation we were in a few years ago.

We could be doing with a couple of years of upper mid-table stability in the Championship while we sort out whatever the f**k is going on off the pitch right now. This is the first season in the last 5 we havent been a complete shambles on the park (us just being in League One was a shambles regardless of winning the league) so there are positives from this season, even if it ends with the shitshow we are seeing now.