The Partick Thistle thread

On 22/01/2022 at 21:01, oneteaminglasgow said:

On the assumption that any appeal is unsuccessful, is Tunji’s suspension competition specific, or would he miss the Arbroath game? 

Confirmation received this morning. Tunji will miss the next game in the Scottish Cup. 

On 25/10/2021 at 06:36, Jollyjag said:

Brian Graham is really struggling to play each week with a back problem he is going to be a big loss if he misses games

On 31/10/2021 at 17:05, Jollyjag said:

Brian Graham isn’t fit and it’s only matter of time his back is going to go 

53 minutes ago, Jollyjag said:

Brian Graham is playing with a bad back injury every week he can hardly stand most of the time

Seems to have been fine for the months since you first hit out with this. 

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

I'd personally hope we now get the cup tie pushed back to the Sunday and make qp play on the Monday in the league but can't see that happening. Otherwise we're going into the Dundee United match with only one day of preparation

Teams play Saturday - Tuesday, Wednesday - Saturday, and Thursday - Sunday all the time. 

It is a busy month though, not quite as hectic as last April but could do with another couple of players in the door before then. 

Ben Stanway, 17, has graduated from the Thistle Weir Youth Academy and is now a modern apprentice.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/ben-stanway-graduates-from-the-thistle-weir-youth-academy/

McCall - "we’re looking forward to seeing what Ben’s best is because he’s got the attributes to go very far.”

Congratulations and best of luck to him!

We clearly need a couple of players in to leave us in a better position than we started the window but I don't think the 5 subs rule will make a huge difference at this level- with the potential exception of Kilmarnock everyone will either be filling the extra 2 spots with useless loan jobbers or 17 year olds (or useless 17 year olds)

IMO 3 subs from 6 is all that's needed, allows for 1 keeper, 1 FB, 1 CB, 1 winger, 1 centre mid and 1 striker. 7 is fine too. 9 is a bit silly.

Probably make it easier to give certain players a bit of a rest if we’re comfortable in games, and possibly give some young guys like Stanway the odd game too. But I’m pretty sure, as it stands, we don’t have enough first team players to fill a 9 man bench without throwing in young guys.

Hopefully get a couple more guys in either tomorrow or Friday though. 

IIRC we could recall Blair Lyons from Montrose this month. Can we also recall Niang from Alloa if necessary? 

McCall is obviously happy for them to remain on loan. If we are struggling to fill the bench, he could give Kris Doolan a call. :)

ETA - are we planning to bring a replacement for Stone (e.g. keeping Cervantes) or will McCready be  the back-up keeper?

Edited by Bishop Briggs

I had Thistle midfielder Stuart Bannigan on my podcast this week. Speaks brilliantly about his time at the club and clearly loves being at Firhill. Hope everyone enjoys and any feedback appreciated as are any shares or follows on social media pages which is @headitpodcast on Twitter and Instagram 👍🏻⚽

YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yX56xvEHbVc
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/6QXRBQEpdCmM0p1Unr0Gdf?si=VZeXQ56rSVq8mHhbZaFShA
Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-stuart-bannigan/id1570371231?i=1000549198523