The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Is that it ? I thought it was going to be a video of loads of crosses that resulted in goals. 

The charge was not simply that he couldn't cross, but that he was crap against Celtic (and, more generally inferred, the Old Firm).

As it happens he was instrumental with crossing assists against both of them.

I recall he was also the only Thistle player to stick the ball in the Celtic net when they thrashed us to win the league in our first year back up, but that's a game I'd rather forget.

Basically, you can say Elliott's a limited player, but it wasn't because his crossing was especially poor by the standards of the right backs we've had in the last two decades and it wasn't because he shat the bed against the Old Firm more predictably than other wing backs either.

2 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

The charge was not simply that he couldn't cross, but that he was crap against Celtic (and, more generally inferred, the Old Firm).

As it happens he was instrumental with crossing assists against both of them.

I recall he was also the only Thistle player to stick the ball in the Celtic net when they thrashed us to win the league in our first year back up, but that's a game I'd rather forget.

Basically, you can say Elliott's a limited player, but it wasn't because his crossing was especially poor by the standards of the right backs we've had in the last two decades and it wasn't because he shat the bed against the Old Firm more predictably than other wing backs either.

I did admit that he was no worse than any other player vs Celtic. 
still don’t think I would relish having him back.

Inspired by all the developments at TTA lately, Jags fan Alex McNeill got busy uploading loads more match vids from 1993-94, the end result being that we now have 42 of the 44 League games covered for the season. Ding dang do, as I'm sure we can all agree. Well done that man!

Season 1993-94 →

Probably for the best if he’s not going to be playing much here, and it’ll be interesting to see where they play him. I’m still not sold on him as a centre half but if Alloa play him there and he has a season of learning the position properly then that will do him a lot of good.

Hope it works out for him though, he always seems genuinely lovely in his interviews.

Edit: you’d also hope that this means we have a new signing ready to announce, since I can’t imagine we’d have let basically the only defensive cover we have go without one. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

I think he had more chance of getting a game in midfield for us this season than defence, and we already know he's decent at league 1 level, but I guess getting him games at this stage of his career is most important. Hopefully he makes a position his own as it can't be ideal to flit between midfield and defence. He's got another year 

Also hoping the fact this has gone through means there's someone coming in as well.

4 minutes ago, dougie247 said:

Best of luck to him but starting to get a touch concerned we haven't brought anyone in now.. Hope this move means someone being announced soon

IIRC McCall said in a recent interview that he is hoping to bring in up to four players. 

We've got another week or so before our next game so there's no great rush.

My guess is that there will be at least two new signings within the next few days.

HALF-TIME SCORE CELTIC NIL, PARTICK THISTLE FOUR. WE’LL GET THAT SCORE CHECKED. IT CAN’T POSSIBLY BE CORRECT”.

Well, history records that the score was correct!

50 years ago to this very day, at Firhill, Thistle fans began an unforgettable journey that would shake history and confound the Grandstand presenter; our brand new 'Partickle' commemorates the events which unfolded. Hope you all enjoy the story of Thistle's unforgettable Autumn of '71...

The Day The Other Cup Came Up To Maryhill →

lc1971a.jpg

See Aidan Fitzpatrick has been released and training with St Johnstone.

Norwich obviously not keen on him at all if theyve released him after 1 year on loan and the other in their U18s. 

Shame how its worked our for him but still only 20 so can still make a good career for himself.

30 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Norwich obviously not keen on him at all if theyve released him after 1 year on loan and the other in their U18s. 

Shame how its worked our for him but still only 20 so can still make a good career for himself.

He'll have to change his attitude and wake up to the fact you've got to put the effort in all the time,  not just when you feel like it. As the saying goes,  there's a player in there. he just doesn't show it enough,  going by his loan spell at QoS anyway. 

4 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Always thought he left Thistle too early (understand the financial incentive etc.), but he was still only 17/18 and had only been semi-regular in the first team, another season with a good run of 30+ games would’ve have done him good. Still got a lot of time to develop into a decent player, has the attributes.