The Partick Thistle thread

13 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Is it safe to assume any loans we're currently working on are dependant upon arrivals/departures at their parent clubs?

Probably, no clubs will want to let players out the door for a while if they don't know what the 'finalised' situation is with attendances, squad availability, etc.

It'll be a bigger scramble than usual to get the latest young 'stars' from the bigger clubs.

Based upon our previous track record, I'd be more keen on loans from Livy than from eother of the Old Firm...

If they're from an English club then they probably won't have started back pre season yet. 

The league cup being group stages needs binned, teams can't be seen to treat it as pre season so still have to arrange friendlies. 

It's also largely knackered pre season friendly away days to some obscure outpost in England. 

1 hour ago, baba douche said:

Probably, no clubs will want to let players out the door for a while if they don't know what the 'finalised' situation is with attendances, squad availability, etc.

It'll be a bigger scramble than usual to get the latest young 'stars' from the bigger clubs.

Based upon our previous track record, I'd be more keen on loans from Livy than from eother of the Old Firm...

Tiffoney was good but that doesn’t make up for Rafa De Vita.

14 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Didn’t they also send up that Kouder-Aissa boy last season who managed about 7 minutes for us? 

Out for 3 months with a broken nose. Something definitely a bit off there. 

We also got Scott Boyd on loan originally from Livi. 

1 hour ago, Adrian Madaschi said:

Could Dabrowski from Hibs be the keeper coming to us? Perhaps the delay is waiting for hibs to sign a replacement for Marciano.

Could be, although Ross Doohan or Wright back on loan is still the more likely IMO.

Or someone Scottish* down south like Archie Mair at Norwich.

* I dont give a f**k what nationality players are, but McCall has a history of preferring Scottish players. 

3 hours ago, Adrian Madaschi said:

Could Dabrowski from Hibs be the keeper coming to us? Perhaps the delay is waiting for hibs to sign a replacement for Marciano.

I read that Harry Stone from Hearts is wanted on loan by a couple of championship clubs. Or has he already gone somewhere? Might make sense given we're pals with them.

6 minutes ago, partick_twinny said:

I read that Harry Stone from Hearts is wanted on loan by a couple of championship clubs. Or has he already gone somewhere? Might make sense given we're pals with them.

Have never heard of him, but I’m pretty sure Paul Gallacher is the goalkeeping coach at Hearts so you’d think we have a connection there. 

Harry Stone is fairly highly-rated at Hearts academy and had a successful loan spell at Albion Rovers last season. Having said that, I’d be a bit surprised if he’s going to a club two leagues up from his last spell - with no guarantee of regular football. Far more likely he’d go to a League One club I’d say. 

And I’m not really sure what the delay of him being “needed at his club at the moment” would be for Stone or Wright - both Hearts and Rangers have numerous goalkeepers at a more senior level. I’d reckon it’s a goalkeeper from a club who’re also in the market for a new keeper (ie the Hibs suggestion). 

Edited by JagsCG

Pretty even first half with you guys shading it imo but final ball been letting you down. Shea Gordon playing right mid has been pretty shite as has Connor Murray who missed a great chance. Kyle Turner took his goal really well and had a very good first half as has Brian Graham when he’s had the service.