The Partick Thistle thread

Our last attendable game was against Thistle and it seems, fingers crossed, our first one back will be Thistle as well, in the Betfred or whatever it is now. 

Thank f**k Afolabi wont be pretending to play football this time round. 

Today's McCall interview on the Youtube channel suggests the other keeper is lined up but we can't confirm it until July, which suggests season long loan rather than a free agent. 

Still looking for 4 outfield players too. We're really short on left sided players, think during our good run only Bannigan of those starting every week is left sided. A left sided winger (to play on the right) and a left sided centre back would be the 2 next positions to fill for me, but think a couple of the 4 coming in will be loans which means we might have to wait a bit. 

40 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Today's McCall interview on the Youtube channel suggests the other keeper is lined up but we can't confirm it until July, which suggests season long loan rather than a free agent. 

Still looking for 4 outfield players too. We're really short on left sided players, think during our good run only Bannigan of those starting every week is left sided. A left sided winger (to play on the right) and a left sided centre back would be the 2 next positions to fill for me, but think a couple of the 4 coming in will be loans which means we might have to wait a bit. 

Are Tiffoney and Taylor not both left sided?

6 minutes ago, partick_twinny said:

Are Tiffoney and Taylor not both left sided?

Tiffoney is right footed and I have no idea who Taylor is. 

Edit - if you mean Holt he is left sided 

Edited by Fuctifano

11 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

Why not? There will be twelve thousand in Hampden on Monday.

That’s why and the fan zone in Glasgow.

Just as an aside, if areas in Scotland move to level 1 but others are still in level 2, should fans be allowed in anywhere  for league matches ?

10 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Tiffoney is right footed and I have no idea who Taylor is. 

Edit - if you mean Holt he is left sided 

I think McCall has said he's looking at wingers playing on their opposite side and looking to cut in. Tiffoney certainly played on the left in every match I watched.

We signed Kyle Taylor last week. Played for Airdrie last season.

Edit: I'm an idiot but I'll leave it as Taylor instead of Turner to show that. I even just looked up the story for the screenshot and still fucked up his name.

Screenshot_20210608-082750_Chrome.jpg

Edited by partick_twinny

Fair enough re: Turner 😄 I think he is right footed though. 

That's what I mean about Tiffoney, he's right footed but plays on the left so we need a left footed player to play on the right if we're playing with 2 wingers. 

Good interview on Open Goal with McCall 

I wonder why he always has his pen, no notepad or anything like that, just pen. Maybe a habit or something. It was also interesting to hear him mention about the pressure and the fans blaming him, I wonder where he heard it from, if I was a manager I don't think I'd have any social media accounts. 

Good interview on Open Goal with McCall 

I wonder why he always has his pen, no notepad or anything like that, just pen. Maybe a habit or something. It was also interesting to hear him mention about the pressure and the fans blaming him, I wonder where he heard it from, if I was a manager I don't think I'd have any social media accounts. 

Pretty sure his brother trawls through fans Facebook groups looking for stuff. He was on the Somerset Road End page and started arguing with folk when McCall left us.

Absolutely weird behaviour when relatives start getting involved but Ayr had previous for that before McCall.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Pretty sure his brother trawls through fans Facebook groups looking for stuff. He was on the Somerset Road End page and started arguing with folk when McCall left us.

Absolutely weird behaviour when relatives start getting involved but Ayr had previous for that before McCall.

That is odd tbh. Just leave it alone. I do have a fair amount of sympathy for managers, everything they do is critiqued in great detail every week, the job is constantly under the spotlight. Imagine your own job was publicly available for criticism, would be fucking awful. Boring as f**k too. 

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

It was also interesting to hear him mention about the pressure and the fans blaming him, I wonder where he heard it from, if I was a manager I don't think I'd have any social media accounts. 

Pretty sure he’s said before in addition to his son being a Jags fan, a lot of his friends are too - therefore he’ll probably be well aware of the broad view of fans on things. I’d definitely stay away from social media if I was a manager or even a player.