The Partick Thistle thread

31 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Is it not Holt in the DoF role who would make the transfer decisions at Falkirk and have wanted to sign Williamson?

He shouldn't be having the final  say on who we sign. Especially at the minute. Unless they already know who the next manager is going to be and he agrees. It's lunacy otherwise. 

2 hours ago, dave.j said:

great couple of days business. Gordon and Penrice next out the door, please.

Id keep Penrice if we can. Would like to see what he can do in a good, organised team rather than the shite sides he's been a part of since returning from Livi.

Hope Gordon gets punted though.

What’s happened to Penrice? He was class when he first came on scene
Being 'coached' by Gary Caldwell at a critical stage of his development and being played in rank rotten teams won't have helped. He also seems to have bulked out a bit which has made him lose any pace he had as he is fairly slow for a full back. He's not unfit just not pacey enough to look any better than competent. Also he hasn't perhaps been seen in his best position of centre midfield a lot as he's down the pecking order there for us.

I’m also enjoying the ruthlessness. It’s a step up after all, Cardle had “one more season” and has managed to turn himself into a bit of a hero. Whilst we obviously have to replace his key goals and assists from this season, we’d probably be looking at doing that anyway.

Imagine Foster would stay and it’s looking ever more likely Penrice is departing, but seemingly we’ve replaced him with a 6 or 7 out of 10 left back and I don’t think that’s any difference from “Penners’” input.

Have to laugh at Williamson, fair enough for making a decision but he’s got football pie all over his face. Few more to leave hopefully, excited to see who else we bring in and it’s nice to get some business done early doors. Hope the week continues to be busy.

No idea what the situation will be with catering once things re-open, the provider could easily have gone bust.

I've thought for a while  pre-pandemic we could do better with options available, without going full Forest Green Rovers. I suppose if it's outsourced then the club don't really care as they'll get their up front free.

Think the last time I remember getting something was a warm day and I decided to get an Irn Bru, lassie poured me a drink out of a 2L bottle that had £1 written on it, and charged me £2.50 for a wee cup. Dick Turpin / mask etc.

Edited by Fuctifano

The drinks part always gets to me.  Is it really that expensive to get one of the shitty syrup machines to get a cold drink rather than an often flat and warm serving from a bottle?  It's incredibly low-rent.

The pies are really good if you get them fresh, but a bit more variety would be nice.  As long as it isn't pizza.  The "pizza" they were offering was utterly rancid, and made me existentially sad just to look at.

26 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

No idea what the situation will be with catering once things re-open, the provider could easily have gone bust.

I've thought for a while  pre-pandemic we could do better with options available, without going full Forest Green Rovers. I suppose if it's outsourced then the club don't really care as they'll get their up front free.

Think the last time I remember getting something was a warm day and I decided to get an Irn Bru, lassie poured me out of a 2L bottle that had £1 written on it, and charged me £2.50 for a wee cup. Dick Turpin / mask etc.

That's hilarious. I get why the prices are higher, but I've often found the price of food and drink at football matches is just mental. Except for the odd ground, seem to remember Killie being more reasonable. 

26 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Main talking points seemed to be: almost sacked after the East Fife game, James Lyon is the next Xavi, No mention of Penrice when asked about players resigning, talks ongoing with Sneddon, Gordon, Foster, Bell and Reilly, hoping to extend Brownlie and Rudden's contracts, hoping we get 2000 season tickets so he can afford the players he wants, currently looking at "flair players", hoping to do a "Lambino" next season

Edited by JustDom
Missing info

Sounded like he was pretty confident in Foster being back next year when mentioning that signing Holt will allow Foster to move back to RB. Seems like he’s trying to convince Bell to play another year as well.

Confirmed that Williamson has indeed signed a pre-contract, so you’ve got to imagine that will be Falkirk or QP as I can’t think who in the level above would want him or who else in the third tier could afford him.

No mention of Penrice at all was interesting. Not in the ‘he’s going elsewhere’ camp like Williamson but not in the ‘talks ongoing’ side of things either.

10 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Sounds that Gordon will be staying unless he decides to go somewhere else. Oh well.

Penrice likely to be away though.