The Partick Thistle thread

And so, to the last installment in our Scottish Cup story, capturing all the drama of Scottish Cup Final day in words and pictures. From beginning to end, tremendous energy and stamina were displayed by both sides; Thistle were trademark resolute and Rangers were frustrated. Meet the last two squad members; stand-in Watty Borthwick and goalscorer John Blair... eternal Partick Thistle legend!

The Day The Scottish Cup Came Up To Maryhill part 17 →

21-celtic-park-2.jpg

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

You were linked with Jordon Forster in the January period alongside Falkirk, were you not?

He's just been released from us.

Good luck with that if you're still in the market for a CH.

I doubt we will sign him as we brought in MçLelland. However we lost Ben Hall to injury in the Clyde game and no idea how bad the injury is. So maybe a short term deal to end of the season. 

8 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I know our descent has been pretty grim these last few years, but spare a thought for once imperious Abdul Osman, sent off today for Brechin City.

I'll not bother. Thank you. 

Down to third? MCCall OUT!

18 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I know our descent has been pretty grim these last few years, but spare a thought for once imperious Abdul Osman, sent off today for Brechin City.

Get it right up him. I’m not even close to being over how clearly he chucked it in the relegation season. p***k

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

I'm not a happy.clapper by any means so I was astounded to see we are the top scorers and have the second best defensive record in the league currently!

Winning three games in six days in a shortened season by a combined score of 10-0 will do that to you.

This time a week ago our goals scored tally looked terrible, but we’ve timed this purple patch well and need to keep it up.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

He threw his hat into the ring with them but has capped it all off with a red card.  It's not easy, especially when you make no effort whatsoever to be a decent footballer.

I liked Abdul Osman, one of the classiest midfielders I've seen play for us. For whatever reason he just fell off a cliff the year we got relegated, whether it was lasting effects of injury or just putting all his efforts into a bargain bin clothes line. It's not as if he went to a rival after us and turned back into Claude Makelele.

7 hours ago, jaggyness said:

I'm not a happy.clapper by any means so I was astounded to see we are the top scorers and have the second best defensive record in the league currently!

Same. Was gobsmacked when i seen we were top scorers.

No matter who wins the league, surely they will go down as one of the worst teams to ever win a league?

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Same. Was gobsmacked when i seen we were top scorers.

No matter who wins the league, surely they will go down as one of the worst teams to ever win a league?

Up until the forfar game I'd have agreed, were we to win the league that is, but as happens in football we've been pretty convincing recently. If we kept recent form going until the end of the season and ended up top I'd say not to your question. That said would anyone be surprised if the sons pump us next week.

7 hours ago, pthardie said:

Is it a coincidence that we’re on a winning run with the games so close together leaving less time for training where we seem to pick up so many injuries?

If anything, our full-time training is now bearing fruit.