The Partick Thistle thread

41 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

Based on quick view of post split fixtures, it might be better to finish third rather than second (pre split). Assuming it was close enough in terms of points. 

If we were in contention for the title I'm not sure I'd want to be sitting out the last round of fixtures tbh.

Anyone know why Liam Craig was at the game tonight? Saw him (I'm 90% sure it was him) driving up the hill around 6.20pm. He signed an extension with St Johnstone last month so I'm guessing we're not signing him.

6 minutes ago, EwanMubs25 said:

Anyone know why Liam Craig was at the game tonight? Saw him (I'm 90% sure it was him) driving up the hill around 6.20pm. He signed an extension with St Johnstone last month so I'm guessing we're not signing 

Am sure he helps out with the loan players see how they are getting on etc.We have Cammy ballantyne on loan from the saints.

On 06/04/2021 at 23:21, Reid said:

I think Zak Rudden may win this season’s worst player of the year award which is some achievement with this squad of idiots.

Guessing Rudden has this pinned up somewhere.

Edited by Reid

11 hours ago, Reid said:

Guessing Rudden has this pinned up somewhere.

10 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I’ve said numerous times this season that he’s never a football player.

Delighted to be getting proven wrong.

That's not the P&B spirit, double down on this.

4 goals in 2 games against knackered part timers means f**k all, he's done nothing against Falkirk, Cove, or Airdrie. Goad him into finishing league's top scorer. 

13 hours ago, EwanMubs25 said:

Anyone know why Liam Craig was at the game tonight? Saw him (I'm 90% sure it was him) driving up the hill around 6.20pm. He signed an extension with St Johnstone last month so I'm guessing we're not signing him.

13 hours ago, mo83 said:

Am sure he helps out with the loan players see how they are getting on etc.We have Cammy ballantyne on loan from the saints.

Yes he is the link between the players out on loan and Saints.

Normally he's part of the match day squad so will have taken the chance to see how Cammy Ballantyne was playing last night

With the contract extension he is set to become our all time appearance record holder next season so won't be going anywhere.

7 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

We're winning the league aren't we?

You have timed the run spot on, don't see why not now.

A few weeks ago I did wonder how Ian McCall was still your manager but the break and the schedule may have helped him turn it around.

You were linked with Jordon Forster in the January period alongside Falkirk, were you not?

He's just been released from us.

Good luck with that if you're still in the market for a CH.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You were linked with Jordon Forster in the January period alongside Falkirk, were you not?

We were, but no idea if that was anything other than paper talk.

Centre half seems to be one area where we’re pretty strong, so hopefully Forster will be nowhere near Firhill. Would he even be allowed to play for anyone else just now?

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

We were but that was before we brought in Steven Bell on loan I think. 

Edited by JagsCG

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kelty Hearts written all over him. Might get lucky and have Queens Park sign him.

But I'd be astonished if we sign him.

Genuinely one of the worst professional players I've ever seen.