The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

I'm certainly not a fan of the JL era at firhill, quite the opposite. I wasn't in agreement with the court action nor do I support the communication with fans on twitter over banners. However, there is an article below by Tom Hosie who does make some fair points

https://www.thenational.scot/sport/19006153.teams-followed-rules-punished/

Yes these are all good points for supporters to raise but the board and working group should move on and fined solutions to our predicament not keep moaning at every opportunity.

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

I'm certainly not a fan of the JL era at firhill, quite the opposite. I wasn't in agreement with the court action nor do I support the communication with fans on twitter over banners. However, there is an article below by Tom Hosie who does make some fair points

https://www.thenational.scot/sport/19006153.teams-followed-rules-punished/

Good article/letter from Tom. From the heart. A fan talking.

But to the general point that some of us perceive our leaders as not very good, are you/Tom making the point about the unfairness of all that has befallen us,  as a good reflection on how jlow has handled/is handling the running of the club or a reason why her management of the club has been poor? If the point being make is that she and the board are, given what has been done to us, doing a good job of steering us through tough times and is evidenced by our still being full time, fair enough. It's a plus point that we are managing our income well cos we are still full time, but only if the books are being balanced and we still have a club to support come the summer. 

I have no idea how to run a business other than to break even you can't spend more than is coming in. I am scared we are operating beyond our means and this board are grinding us down to oblivion. Struggling to see how we are making ends meet. Hope I'm wrong. My wee fellas has just told me we are about to announce a signing, someone previously signed my McCall during his first tenure. If true someone must have money.

Good article/letter from Tom. From the heart. A fan talking.
But to the general point that some of us perceive our leaders as not very good, are you/Tom making the point about the unfairness of all that has befallen us,  as a good reflection on how jlow has handled/is handling the running of the club or a reason why her management of the club has been poor? If the point being make is that she and the board are, given what has been done to us, doing a good job of steering us through tough times and is evidenced by our still being full time, fair enough. It's a plus point that we are managing our income well cos we are still full time, but only if the books are being balanced and we still have a club to support come the summer. 
I have no idea how to run a business other than to break even you can't spend more than is coming in. I am scared we are operating beyond our means and this board are grinding us down to oblivion. Struggling to see how we are making ends meet. Hope I'm wrong. My wee fellas has just told me we are about to announce a signing, someone previously signed my McCall during his first tenure. If true someone must have money.
My dissatisfaction with Jacqui Low has been her failure to get rid of managers when they were under performing, spouting off rhetoric which has alienated a sizeable element of supporters and not conducting herself in the manner a chairperson of my football club should. She may well be an excellent business woman, if she stuck to that I would generally be ok with her reign.

1 hour ago, kerly said:

Yes these are all good points for supporters to raise but the board and working group should move on and fined solutions to our predicament not keep moaning at every opportunity.

Excellent words by Tom Hosie. I think both the board and the working group are trying to move on, but each time they do unremitting negative events surround us and of course the country. I'd rather we fought our corner as best we can rather than say nowt. 

18 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

Excellent words by Tom Hosie. I think both the board and the working group are trying to move on, but each time they do unremitting negative events surround us and of course the country. I'd rather we fought our corner as best we can rather than say nowt. 

Statements made by the club have all been us as a victim ,They need to lead stand strong and forward looking in their actions 

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Excellent statement. Pity our own board are totally incapable of such a comment.

I don’t want statements we need our club trying to get like minded clubs to come together in some kind of group vote for owner benefit 

9 hours ago, banditjag said:

These are very relevant points and I can completely understand why some on here disagree with this stance. But this needs to be discussed by the wider fanbase. Dunno how but I share concerns about the direction or rather apparent directionless of the current board.

The whole back room of our club seems to be a bit of a clusterfuck and many of us are doubting this board have the right skill set. We are going nowhere fast.

Is it okay for our club to be treading water for the next, say 5 or 10 years under this regime? 

And Dave's wider point of not giving additional cash to a group of directors who seem clueless is worthy of discussion. Yes the club needs our support financially but where is the sence in giving hard earned money to someone who is wasteful. How do we put pressure on the chair to do better, or stand aside. It all seems half arsed and rudderless like she is constantly winging it. There are at least two people on the board who are genuine life long jags fans, I'd suggest we need them to step up.

Yes there are more important things going on in our world but this is a pleasurable distraction, jousting on line😂

Because I suggested backing the club during a pandemic, I seem to have gave off the vibe I'm pro Jacqui low. I'm not enamored at all at what the club have achieved during her time and there have been aspects which have left me concerned compared to David beatties time. But to be frank, we're in a pandemic, we're all free to do what you want with your money but for me, if it's a choice between donating to keep this club going and not donating and then potentially going part time, I'd be inclined to back the club. She has had to deal with the relegation fall out after the livi game, relegation under acrimonious circumstances to say the least a pandemic and let's be frank, some people don't like her for reasons beyond football. Do I rate her as a chairman, not based on what I've seen, but am I willing to back the club during what is extraordinary circumstance, yes.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Nice idea.
Given the imbalance that already exists how are League 1 and 2 clubs going to achieve it though?....

Last year we were in the  league with a greater vote share than now instead of Making statement we should have been making pacts but as you say now our vote means less  that is when our board will act. To late

4 hours ago, banditjag said:

My wee fellas has just told me we are about to announce a signing, someone previously signed my McCall during his first tenure. If true someone must have money.

Wonder who it’ll be? We must be hopeful the football is back soon if we’re looking to sign someone. 

33 minutes ago, Daftjag said:

Because I suggested backing the club during a pandemic, I seem to have gave off the vibe I'm pro Jacqui low. I'm not enamored at all at what the club have achieved during her time and there have been aspects which have left me concerned compared to David beatties time. But to be frank, we're in a pandemic, we're all free to do what you want with your money but for me, if it's a choice between donating to keep this club going and not donating and then potentially going part time, I'd be inclined to back the club. She has had to deal with the relegation fall out after the livi game, relegation under acrimonious circumstances to say the least a pandemic and let's be frank, some people don't like her for reasons beyond football. Do I rate her as a chairman, not based on what I've seen, but am I willing to back the club during what is extraordinary circumstance, yes.

What is it that worries you so much about Part Time football?

40 minutes ago, Daftjag said:

She has had to deal with the relegation fall out after the livi game, relegation under acrimonious circumstances to say the least a pandemic and let's be frank, some people don't like her for reasons beyond football. Do I rate her as a chairman, not based on what I've seen, but am I willing to back the club during what is extraordinary circumstance, yes.

She was on the board (and apparently calling shots on behalf of Weir) the season we came down from Premiership, she was responsible for appointing Caldwell, keeping him after avoiding relegation by 1 game even though remit was promotion, responsible for announcing McParland park then reneging, responsible for keeping the playing budget effectively the same from Premiership till now and effectively wiping out our cash reserves, responsible for driving the biggest wedge through our fan base since the club was founded, responsible for total spin and shocking statements, she and she alone responsible for effectively the greatest shambles our club has known.