The Partick Thistle thread

Quite like Sena at centre back, he seems much better there than the few times I’ve seen him play in midfield. Definitely deserves to stay in the team at any rate.

I think we’ll probably try and keep Spittal until the summer, assuming he’s back fit. Doubt he’ll get a game for County anytime soon, so imagine they’ll be happy to let him stay with us until his contract expires at the end of the season.

6 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

We've only got Spittal until January. 

Excluding Saturday’s trip to Forfar, Blair Spittal is eligible for a further five League One games, plus potentially our Scottish Cup tie , before his loan from Ross County expires - so it is surely positive news that he might play in 3 or 4 of those five based on the manager’s comments last week and today.

Join us for episode 24 of Draw, Lose or Draw. Listen in as we discuss last Saturday’s goalless draw with Dumbarton, preview tomorrow’s game with Forfar, we have a Forfar fan on to give us the lowdown on our opponents, we also chat about our lack of goals, our penalty record , answer listener questions and much more.

On 10/12/2020 at 16:23, oneteaminglasgow said:

Quite like Sena at centre back, he seems much better there than the few times I’ve seen him play in midfield. Definitely deserves to stay in the team at any rate.

I think we’ll probably try and keep Spittal until the summer, assuming he’s back fit. Doubt he’ll get a game for County anytime soon, so imagine they’ll be happy to let him stay with us until his contract expires at the end of the season.

Sena was tremendous at U19 at centerback for Pollok U19s. he was then moved to the Pollok first team where they played him at Right back as they were unsure of playing him in the middle of defense at s young age, then a few games at central midfield.  he went to Thistle and took a while to get going but the loan move to Montrose helped at central midfield but now back at center half he will get better

Ye'll no' believe who scored it!

^ 12 new pages incoming, celebrating some of our one-goal-wonders in a Christmas countdown type-thing. The feature starts today, and is worth a read, with some wonderful stories spanning almost 100 years of Thistle's colourful history. Each new post is scheduled in for 12:01am on the site, and you also can engage on Twitter if you feel so inclined. Hope some of you will enjoy following along between now and the Xmas #1 reveal.

Taps aff, let's go…

partickles-believe3.jpg

Ye'll no' believe who scored it!
^ 12 new pages incoming, celebrating some of our one-goal-wonders in a Christmas countdown type-thing. The feature starts today, and is worth a read, with some wonderful stories spanning almost 100 years of Thistle's colourful history. Each new post is scheduled in for 12:01am on the site, and you also can engage on Twitter if you feel so inclined. Hope some of you will enjoy following along between now and the Xmas #1 reveal.
Taps aff, let's go…
partickles-believe3.jpg.cfe3c0a76cc2e5737fd6f768a5a72545.jpg

Having just read no 12. I seem to remember that we should have won the game at Firhill.

17 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Having just read no 12. I seem to remember that we should have won the game at Firhill.

Queens had a shocker that season, 10 pts from 39. Your memory's playing tricks, we did the League treble over them, winning 2-1 at Firhill:

Thistle dominated the midfield for long spells but couldn't find an opening. Brough dropped a harmless cross and gifted bottom of the table Queens the lead (21). A double save denied McCoy from the spot (foul, 39) but a 2nd penalty (trip, 75) was converted by Kerr then a shot spun off a defender for an og (82).

Queens had a shocker that season, 10 pts from 39. Your memory's playing tricks, we did the League treble over them, winning 2-1 at Firhill:
Thistle dominated the midfield for long spells but couldn't find an opening. Brough dropped a harmless cross and gifted bottom of the table Queens the lead (21). A double save denied McCoy from the spot (foul, 39) but a 2nd penalty (trip, 75) was converted by Kerr then a shot spun off a defender for an og (82).

I meant the cup game vs St Mirren.

15 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

I was the mascot at that game 17/12/88 and I believe we had lost our previous home league game but then didn't lose at Firhill in the league for almost a year? 

Join us for episode 25 of Draw, Lose or Draw. Listen in as we discuss last Saturday’s win at Forfar, preview our home game against Peterhead, talk about our impressive clean sheet record, chat about us moving up to 2nd place, talk about Shea Gordon’s impact against Forfar and we also have an interview with current Thistle defender Ciaran McKenna.

2 hours ago, Midlife Crisis said:

So if I’m reading the Fan Ownership piece in the Evening Times correctly, the fans Foundation gets a seat at the board table but the current board and Ms Low stay on?

Excellent. Really can’t see why some fans have an objection to it.........

A month or so ago I'd have been as sceptical, and rightly so. Now? Not so much. I don't think our worst fears will come to fruition.

On 11/12/2020 at 11:06, knighthawk said:

I noticed we are recruitment for another physio. Has the old one left/taxied home. Or are we needing another one with the amount of injuries we have had? 

It takes a couple of them to push the players down the stairs.

On 15/12/2020 at 06:43, jagsfan57 said:

I meant the cup game vs St Mirren.

Fork 'andles? Le Chic had a goal disallowed that day. 9,128 at the game!

On 15/12/2020 at 12:11, Fuctifano said:

I was the mascot at that game 17/12/88 and I believe we had lost our previous home league game but then didn't lose at Firhill in the league for almost a year?

Fun fact: I was your DJ for that game and will have read your name out! It's a great stat you have on your CV, you're spot-on, that game propelled us onto, what was at the time, a club-record run of 20 competitive home games without defeat; 17th Dec 1988 to 18th Nov 1989, Sandy Clark being the man to drop Lambie's baton. Brilliantly, John would come back to re-set his own record with a 24 home game unbeaten run between 2001 and 2002, thwarted in the end by Celtic. Whit ye dae'n on Saturday, does your strip still fit ye? 😉

19 hours ago, Draw, Lose or Draw Podcast said:

Join us for episode 25 of Draw, Lose or Draw. Listen in as we discuss last Saturday’s win at Forfar, preview our home game against Peterhead, talk about our impressive clean sheet record, chat about us moving up to 2nd place, talk about Shea Gordon’s impact against Forfar and we also have an interview with current Thistle defender Ciaran McKenna.

Great job lads, very impressed. Your host is doing well holding all the 'elements' together! Lang may yer lum reek.

On 10/12/2020 at 15:08, thistledo said:

Sena seems to be developing well now, I think that's fair. 

Positive news about Spittal, I had thought he would be out a lot longer. 

Sena signs a new 2 year deal, great news for Thistle and the boy himself, he has had to go through a lot to get here