The Partick Thistle thread

12 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

We will play worse and win conditions were terrible for both teams but I thought they never really troubled us however we need to  get players into the box the final third we are so predictable said it before don’t know where goals are going to come from

Agree with all of this. Having been suggested that Cove will be challengers, I was very surprised by how poor they were (possibly not helped by conditions either). 

You’d think that we’d have created more with Murray or Lyons but perhaps the conditions would’ve made it more difficult for them. Don’t know. 

Strange that SKA didn’t come on  

19 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:
47 minutes ago, third lanark said:
I believe it was a 3 year deal- so probably 2 years left now. 

No way hes getting bagged then if you boys have a shite 1st third... Too much paper to pay him plus replacement unless his 2nd in command takes hls coat

His second in command is Archie, don’t get me wrong he had a very successful first few years as manager but his last year and a half was sadly appalling and he seems to be a very poor assistant manager.  If McCall was to leave at any point (as you rightly say financially would not happen) then I feel we need a break from Archie for his own good and the good of the club

6 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

McCall has mentioned his lack of fitness recently. Even if that is the case we've seen far less of him than I had expected.

He said he wasn't "match fit" after the Clyde game. And hasn't come off the bench in the last two games. 

That's the guy who scored 16 goals in the third tier last season, whilst we're crying out for a goalscorer. 

6 hours ago, dave.j said:

He said he wasn't "match fit" after the Clyde game. And hasn't come off the bench in the last two games. 

That's the guy who scored 16 goals in the third tier last season, whilst we're crying out for a goalscorer. 

Disappointing that Blair Lyons hasn't bit the ground running this season. Maybe tactical reasons for McCall not playing him Saturday but I hoped for more than a bit part role from him so far. 

Considering we paid a fee for him I would assume it must be a training/ fitness issue 

He got about 20 minutes against Airdrie. Came on and made a couple of poor decisions where he was easily dispossessed. That said, I’d rather have a Lyons on the pitch trying to beat his man (even if it doesn’t work out or he doesn’t get his head up to see an easy pass), than Shea Gordon doing his usual hiding act.

Lack of match fitness is such an easy excuse. That’s what substitutions are for and on Saturday we used none. McCall seems the sort of stubborn character who, because people want to see Gordon benched and want to see Lyons get a chance, will deliberately not give in to these demands to try and prove a point.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

He got about 20 minutes against Airdrie. Came on and made a couple of poor decisions where he was easily dispossessed. That said, I’d rather have a Lyons on the pitch trying to beat his man (even if it doesn’t work out or he doesn’t get his head up to see an easy pass), than Shea Gordon doing his usual hiding act.

Lack of match fitness is such an easy excuse. That’s what substitutions are for and on Saturday we used none. McCall seems the sort of stubborn character who, because people want to see Gordon benched and want to see Lyons get a chance, will deliberately not give in to these demands to try and prove a point.

There's probably an arrogance there too. Aye, he did it at a wee club last year, he's at Partick Thistle, now.

Busy day at Firhill as we keep being everything to everyone, by tweeting happy birthday wishes to a volunteer who's in hospital. Tweeting condolences to a former player who's dad passed away last week, having only found out via Hibernians twitter feed. Oh and we've got October's player of the month award.

My vote goes to Ross Docherty for his assist on Saturday. 

Can't wait for tomorrow, when we will be joining the Clap for Camp Sites initiative, interviewing Antonio German on his time at the Club and monitoring police radio for any major incidents we can jump on the back of.

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

Busy day at Firhill as we keep being everything to everyone, by tweeting happy birthday wishes to a volunteer who's in hospital. Tweeting condolences to a former player who's dad passed away last week, having only found out via Hibernians twitter feed. Oh and we've got October's player of the month award.

My vote goes to Ross Docherty for his assist on Saturday. 

Can't wait for tomorrow, when we will be joining the Clap for Camp Sites initiative, interviewing Antonio German on his time at the Club and monitoring police radio for any major incidents we can jump on the back of.

We are announcing a sponsor tomorrow  for the executive toilet in the boardroom