The Partick Thistle thread

6 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

I think you'll find the reason that the Chief Executive of the SPFL is on the Board of the SFA is because the Articles of Association of the SFA explicitly contemplate it.

Article 64.3 of the SFA Articles sets up the Professional Game Board. On that board, among others, are to sit five

Article 61(2)(e) of the SFA Articles then states that, among the members of the SFA Board itself there shall be:

Therefore Ian Maxwell will not have decided whether Neil Doncaster was to be appointed as a Director of the SFA. Neil Doncaster is, ex officio on the Professional Game Board, which will then have nominated him as one of their two representatives on the main SFA Board.

But sure, engage in a conspiracy theory.

6 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

^ That's typical of a Dundonian - too obsessed and thick to post a sensible reply. 

Or I could let one of your own dismantle your tinfoil hat pish since AdLib has declared I'm not allowed to post here. #SorryAdLib

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Or I could let one of your own dismantle your tinfoil hat pish since AdLib has declared I'm not allowed to post here. #SorryAdLib

Go away Ludo. You're a Dundee fan. You're not allowed to post here. xoxo

Therefore Ian Maxwell will not have decided whether Neil Doncaster was to be appointed as a Director of the SFA. Neil Doncaster is, ex officio on the Professional Game Board, which will then have nominated him as one of their two representatives on the main SFA Board.

What does for the time being mean in Articles of Association speak. In everyday English it surely means for a short time and is not meant to be permanent.
Articles of Associations, rules and regulations aren’t the only documents to be considered.
If there is anything contradictory in those documents compared to the Companies Act the Companies Act will be given preference

The Professional Game board appoint themselves ?

3 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

What does for the time being mean in Articles of Association speak. In everyday English it surely means for a short time and is not meant to be permanent.

It means the position on the Professional Game Board is ex officio for the SPFL Chief Executive. That person is entitled to be on it by virtue of being, and for as long as he or she is, the SPFL CEO. When someone replaces him or her in the SPFL post he or she also replaces him or her on the Professional Game Board.

Since the Professional Game Board’s representatives on the SFA Board are nominated from among their membership and reappointed annually, Doncaster’s position is both:

(a) temporary and reviewable

(b) a consequence of his being the SPFL CEO

My point being there is absolutely nothing untoward about him being an SFA Director. No “conflict of interest”. The SFA specifically anticipate that senior reps of the SPFL will form an important part of its management structure.

Articles of Associations, rules and regulations aren’t the only documents to be considered.
If there is anything contradictory in those documents compared to the Companies Act the Companies Act will be given preference

What provisions of the Companies Act, exactly, do you think Neil Doncaster being an SFA Director is inconsistent with? Specific sections and Schedules please.

3 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

The Professional Game board appoint themselves ?

The AoA set out the membership of the Professional Game Board. Among is members are nominees made directly by the SPFL and, ex officio, its Chief Executive automatically.

Edited by Ad Lib

On 19/06/2020 at 19:38, Nightmare said:

Dunfermline fans the latest ones slinking into the thread to offer their two cents? We might be playing in the third tier next year but are still definitely box office.

Dunfermline fans have had a chip on their shoulder since our promotion season which coincided with them entering administration and being relegated via the play-offs. The 5-1 home game was phenomenal and what started to make me believe we were going to win the league.

We shagged them 4-0 at East End Park and their fans were seething when we were waving cash money at them across the stands. They were also furious after the 3-3 game when we were on the pitch celebrating the title. I found it all hilarious tbh.

Dunfermline fans have had a chip on their shoulder since our promotion season which coincided with them entering administration and being relegated via the play-offs. The 5-1 home game was phenomenal and what started to make me believe we were going to win the league.

We shagged them 4-0 at East End Park and their fans were seething when we were waving cash money at them across the stands. They were also furious after the 3-3 game when we were on the pitch celebrating the title. I found it all hilarious tbh.
I made a small fortune off that 4 0 pre admin game, for that I'm eternally grateful to Thistle.

10 minutes ago, Smurph said:

They were also furious after the 3-3 game when we were on the pitch celebrating the title. I found it all hilarious tbh.

I’m still laughing at how seething their fans were that day. Some quality ‘haud me back’ gestures from the Main Stand rounded off by the Thistle da abusing their fans with his young daughter in his arms.

Lovely stuff.

2 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Awe the good auld days, never mind , enjoy league one.

If we are in it , I am sure we will. If I was you I would be more interested in the fact that if there is a whiff of compo getting paid it will probably spell the end for your club given their recent statement!

The AoA set out the membership of the Professional Game Board. Among is members are nominees made directly by the SPFL and, ex officio, its Chief Executive automatically.

I don’t know. The point is that everyone has been saying that everything that the SPFL has done is allowed because it is in the Articles and/or the rules. But if something had been done that is contrary to the companies act, then it isn’t allowed.

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

I think that’s a possibility, if the SPFL want to settle this outside of court. They could try and force through reconstruction. 

I will be amazed if Doncaster hasn’t phoned round all the clubs and warned them of the consequences for every club,  of losing this case. If he hasn’t, he is not doing his job.  The fact that people, more in the know than anyone on this site,  are saying it’s 50/50, should be sending alarm bells ringing very loudly!!

Edited by Sting777

2 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

I will be amazed if Doncaster hasn’t phoned round all the clubs and warned them of the consequences for every club,  of losing this case. If he hasn’t, he is not doing his job.  The fact that people, more in the know than anyone on this site,  are saying it’s 50/50, should be sending alarm bells ringing very loudly!!

Do you mean the Hearts fan who went on the radio and admitted he wasn't the correct type of lawyer to really know?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Do you mean the Hearts fan who went on the radio and admitted he wasn't the correct type of lawyer to really know?

To be fair, I don’t think David Winnie is a Hearts fan.