The Partick Thistle thread

6 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
10 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:
My opinion is mothballed for a season. I believe that 6 of the 10 teams in our league want to mothball.

This is potentially a legal challenge. Obstruction of people working?

Think that’s why Lowe hasn’t fully closed the door on legal action. There is more mileage in this still to come. They can’t leave two full time sides drifting for a season with no league to play in!

Think that’s why Lowe hasn’t fully closed the door on legal action. There is more mileage in this still to come. They can’t leave two full time sides drifting for a season with no league to play in!

This has to be the only other option. If the league is starting in October, we don’t have any choice now but to play. But if it’s January or later, maybe ....?

7 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

This has to be the only other option. If the league is starting in October, we don’t have any choice now but to play. But if it’s January or later, maybe ....?

With around 16 full timers signed for next season and full time managerial staff to pay as well, if we are mothballed for the whole season it will likely spell the end of the club. 

Edited by Sting777

53 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Sounds like a made up fact with no substance

Thistle, Falkirk, Cove and Airdrie are the four who are ready to play according to the the BBC last week (I think) with the other six happy to mothball.

Thistle, Falkirk, Cove and Airdrie are the four who are ready to play according to the the BBC last week (I think) with the other six happy to mothball.

If that’s the case then surely those four teams must be put into the championship. This making it a 14 team league, playing each other home and away once = 26 games. One less than the 27 agreed.

If this isn’t the case, then the spfl will be restricting the trade of these clubs and their players. Something they want to be seen to be doing during a pandemic? Also it would be questionable legally I would presume.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

My condolences on that board statement. An assault on the English language.

Said the P&B contributor with the second most preposterous handle. 😉

2 minutes ago, Public menace said:

If that’s the case then surely those four teams must be put into the championship. This making it a 14 team league, playing each other home and away once = 26 games. One less than the 27 agreed.

That'll be another fun-packed, rip-roaring vote, will it not?

Low’s been a disaster since the day she’ got involved with the club. Whilst she cannot be held responsible for the vote that has ultimately relegated us, she can be held responsible for us being in the position we were in when the vote was held.

She needs to resign immediately.

Can someone enlighten me as to why any League 1 club would have voted against reconstruction? There would’ve been no real change to any team, prize money would still be the same based on overall ranking etc. The only thing they would lose is four home games with (relatively) big away crowds - but that can’t be it, surely? It’s about 80k max.

Why would they vote against - I’m struggling to see the self interest either way for them.

23 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Well that's shite for a start seeing as East Fife and Montrose basically have almost full squads signed up. Absolutely no way they're doing that then voting to mothball.

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Well that's shite for a start seeing as East Fife and Montrose basically have almost full squads signed up. Absolutely no way they're doing that then voting to mothball.

If theres 8 teams then that should be enough for the season to go ahead given that theres talk of the championship going ahead with 8 teams if arbroath and Alloa do decide to mothball as well