The Partick Thistle thread

13 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I think Miller will just stick to TV once we’ve punted him.

Can’t see how he fits anywhere else in the top two tiers. Anyone who has enough money to satisfy his wage demands won’t want him.

Was saying similar to a mate last night.

Been noticeable how more active he has been in the various media platforms this season. Playing/staying in the central belt is surely critical for this.

I'm assuming he'll be with us til the end of the season before retiring and going into media full time.

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Miller got any pals currently managing in the top two divisions just now?

I still think he’ll get himself into a club for the rest of the season.

Hope he ain't pals with AJ.. 🤮

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Really don’t get the Miller hate. He’s done well in a god awful Thistle team. 

He hasn’t done that well he has missed some absolute sitters which a player of his experience should have put away.  Also think it’s pretty common knowledge he is by far our highest earner and his performances have not deserved this.  Hopefully freeing up his wage could allow other targets to be signed 

A contact of a contact mate [emoji3] Most of the stuff I say is already semi common knowledge but tend to put it in anyway. Wish someone had a contact at the pars and could tell me about the 4 marquee signings we're lining up but that's just not to be..

He's just a very frustrating player, like he has been his entire career. Will score goals but will miss far far more chances than he converts. It was obvious to everyone as well he was there as Caldwell's mate and he will almost certainly be our highest earner by a distance

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He hasn’t, though.

His work rate is top notch, especially for a 40yo, but he’s missed countless sitters, and his positional discipline is awful.

He’s been a massive disappointment and fair to say that if his pal GC hadn’t been in place then he wouldn’t be near Firhill. He’s past it, he’s lazy and spends most of the game moaning at someone rather than doing what he’s actually paid for. I’d show him the door tomorrow if we could.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Miller leaves does that open the door for the prodigal child to return home or are you still a bit heavy upfront especially since Graham will be signing any day now?

We have 4 strikers as it stands plus Zanatta who can play there plus the potential arrival of Graham, so even if Miller does go we're still well off in terms of numbers, though it wouldn't be a huge surprise if one of Jones or Mansell left either. 

I think McCall will try and find a role for Doolan in the summer but it might be slanted more towards the non-playing side.