The Partick Thistle thread

10 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

McCall met with Gerry Britton on Thursday.

Can’t tell you about when we approached Lennon, but if it was yesterday afternoon as you have suggested, then it definitely wasn’t before McCall.

The desperation of Clyde fans for their manager to have been our first choice rather than second, third, or even just one name on a shortlist, is something else. It really, really doesn’t matter that much, lads.

I wonder what the opinion of the SFA or the Spfl would be that a club official met with a contracted manager of another club... 

Either way, we all know the real story, you lot are in denial, the vegan tears are delightful and it's probably likely that big Jobby will knock you back as well 😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

McCall met with Gerry Britton on Thursday.

Can’t tell you about when we approached Lennon, but if it was yesterday afternoon as you have suggested, then it definitely wasn’t before McCall.

The desperation of Clyde fans for their manager to have been our first choice rather than second, third, or even just one name on a shortlist, is something else. It really, really doesn’t matter that much, lads.

Sorry, can’t let that pass. You approached the man you wanted. He hasn’t, rejected the idea, but you thought you would waste another managers time by asking if you could string him along until someone else made their mind up.

You are right, you don,t matter when you behave like that.

48 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

That article tells us nothing. Simple facts are, yesterday afternoon you approached Clyde and were told no, then later that afternoon you approached McCall. Just put your heads in the sands and all this will blow over, you didn't get your main target, deal with it. 

McCall was approached on Thursday evening you nugget!! We approached Ayr, Cumbernauld Clyde and East Fife. Danny knew he wasn’t getting the gig but used it to get a better deal at Cumbernauld Clyde. Proper Jags legend...lol

Edited by Sting777

5 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

I wonder what the opinion of the SFA or the Spfl would be that a club official met with a contracted manager of another club... 

Either way, we all know the real story, you lot are in denial, the vegan tears are delightful and it's probably likely that big Jobby will knock you back as well 😂😂😂

Lachlan Cameron doesn’t stand in Ian McCall’s way if other teams approach him. It happened with Falkirk last year.

Maybe McCall will knock us back - I wouldn’t blame him. The fact that this potentially happening gives you so much excitement, though, shows just how tinpot your wee club is.

4 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Sorry, can’t let that pass. You approached the man you wanted. He hasn’t, rejected the idea, but you thought you would waste another managers time by asking if you could string him along until someone else made their mind up.

You are right, you don,t matter when you behave like that.

You can’t let it pass? Fucking hell, man. Clubs often interview multiple people without a preferred candidate. It’s literally the whole point of an interview process to determine the most suitable candidate.

It evidently does matter a lot to you, though. Otherwise about half of your wee diddy fanbase wouldn’t have been camped out in our thread for the past 18 hours.

15 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

The seethe from you vegan fruit salads is just beautiful, keep up the rage! Danny loves the Clyde 🇾🇪

3 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

We had a slow start to the season, gifted teams a 3 goal start each game! Still managed to score twice against you with a experimental line up and formation. Safe to say we'd take care of you now! 

Lastly, soulless? It can be but not of late, we've had plenty to sing about of late, not sure the same can be said about you boys. 

Go enjoy your vegan lunch and see if McCall decides to join your lot this afternoon, to think the opportunity of joining such a big club requires 24h of thinking eh? 

1 hour ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

These Vegan tears are delicious by the way 👍

28 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Image result for boxden smileys

23 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

McCall was approached on Thursday evening you nugget!! We approached Ayr, Cumbernauld Clyde and East Fife. Danny knew he wasn’t getting the gig but used it to get a better deal at Cumbernauld Clyde. Proper Jags legend...lol

This is amazing, these excuses keep getting better 😂😂😂 

Not the first time a sitting Clyde manager has said no to our Hipster friends. Kernaghan in 2004 also said no to the Fruit Salads... 

I can live with it if we get Ian McCall (joint top of the championship with ayr on the back of an excellent season last year, had a decent spell with thistle last time out and should be able to stabilise us) vs. Danny Lennon (doing, um, whatever seaside league type things he's been doing in the seaside leagues), tbh.

I'd rather have had Lennon than Archibald if it comes to that but even then the margin of preference is an alan partridge shrug.

43 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Lachlan Cameron doesn’t stand in Ian McCall’s way if other teams approach him. It happened with Falkirk last year.

Maybe McCall will knock us back - I wouldn’t blame him. The fact that this potentially happening gives you so much excitement, though, shows just how tinpot your wee club is.

You can’t let it pass? Fucking hell, man. Clubs often interview multiple people without a preferred candidate. It’s literally the whole point of an interview process to determine the most suitable candidate.

It evidently does matter a lot to you, though. Otherwise about half of your wee diddy fanbase wouldn’t have been camped out in our thread for the past 18 hours.

So you did not have a preferred candidate. Ok, that contradicts much of the defence posted above. Lets leave it at you have not handled it well, you got at least one knock back and you are bottom of the league. Its hard being a big club. 🤪

I can't comment on who was asked when and what they were told. I'm clearly not ITK. What I can tell you is that I'd take McCall and Archie over Lennon every day of the week. That's not to say have anything against Lennon - quite the opposite - but at this juncture McCall is the man for the job. 

36 minutes ago, Hyndland Jag said:

I can't comment on who was asked when and what they were told. I'm clearly not ITK. What I can tell you is that I'd take McCall and Archie over Lennon every day of the week. That's not to say have anything against Lennon - quite the opposite - but at this juncture McCall is the man for the job. 

Fair enough! All about opinions.

34 minutes ago, Walter said:

There's an interesting post on the Ayr thread from someone suggesting McCall has signed a three year deal with Thistle. Hope the supposedly ITK pal he quotes is genuinely ITK.

How does that fit in with the 5 year plan? 🤔😉

5 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

This is amazing, these excuses keep getting better 😂😂😂 

Not the first time a sitting Clyde manager has said no to our Hipster friends. Kernaghan in 2004 also said no to the Fruit Salads... 

A bullet dodged there 😂😂😂😂