The Partick Thistle thread

Given that we've got a relatively small fanbase and what I thought was one of the more inclusive atmospheres, that Twitter reaction. 

"I'm no wearing this on ma holidays"

My favourite was the comparison to Celtic releasing a British army themed away kit...

2 hours ago, Chicken George said:

I would say the rainbow stripes and associated 'we welcome all' message is more than just a gimmick in this world we live in nowadays. 

The only drawback I see is we may alienate the Iranian, Saudi and central African branches of our supporters clubs.

You forgot our Brunei branch.

Would prefer more red on the home top. I like the away top, although the sleeves having different colours on each is annoying me.

I quite like the sleeve thing, another wee nod to the pride theme. Big fan of the away kit generally.

As above, home is nice but slightly too Albion Rovers.

That’s two season running that Joma have managed decent enough kits for us, which is a remarkable feat for them.

No fucking Bungle.  Raging.

Away kit is better than I thought it'd be.  The rainbow parts are nice and understated, as they should be.  Good they're there, but would've been a bit much as a big feature.  Still though, they're both pretty fucking beige.  Home top especially, seems like training wear with badges on.

Still, doesn't really matter.  Parents usually toss one of the tops my way at Christmas after spending ridiculous amounts on my wee boy, so it'll be good enough for 7s.  

5 minutes ago, SteelJag said:

Bit of an anti-climax for the LBGTQ away kit then. Looks tidy but it isn't exactly what we were teased.

The home is forgettable and cheap looking.

PR-wise, it was a bit of a masterstroke.  Gets a lot of attention based off a very zoomed in pic, and gets everyone waiting for the actual reveal.  Especially given the away kit is pretty ordinary after all.