The Partick Thistle thread

An upgrade on Storer, though admittedly not signing anyone would also have been an upgrade on Storer.

18 month deal tho, chances of him seeing that out? 

Edit : looking forward to fans of other clubs telling us about the characteristics of a guy who played 2 full seasons for us. 

Edited by Fuctifano

19 minutes ago, BdenJag said:

Harkins confirmed. Should be ok in League 1 to be fair.

Oh dear !!

He's not exactly renowned for putting in a shift when it's required and if his stint at Somerset is anything to go by, he's not exactly the kind of guy you want in your dressing room if facing a scrap.

23 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Edit : looking forward to fans of other clubs telling us about the characteristics of a guy who played 2 full seasons for us. 

He last played for you 9 and a half years ago. God forbid that fans of Ayr, Dundee, Morton or Queen of the South might have a more up to date opinion.

If the signing is just the first of the 4 or 5 that we desperately need then Harkins has the potential to be a decent signing. If he is the only signing we make, and I would be astonished if he were, then that would represent an awful transfer window. As much as we need a creative spark an ageing Gary Harkins on his own isn't going to drag our season out of the gutter. 

I'd be interested to learn the reasons behind his departure from Queens and equally keen to hear how his arrival impacts on potential departures from Firhill in January. Harkins for Erskine, for example, isn't much of an upgrade IMO. 

Who follows Harkins in might determine how good a signing he proves to be. 

6 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

If the signing is just the first of the 4 or 5 that we desperately need then Harkins has the potential to be a decent signing. If he is the only signing we make, and I would be astonished if he were, then that would represent an awful transfer window. As much as we need a creative spark an ageing Gary Harkins on his own isn't going to drag our season out of the gutter. 

I'd be interested to learn the reasons behind his departure from Queens and equally keen to hear how his arrival impacts on potential departures from Firhill in January. Harkins for Erskine, for example, isn't much of an upgrade IMO. 

Binned for being a fat lazy b*****d.

9 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

There's no doubt that Harkins is a good footballer with an excellent touch and on a "going day" he's got the quality that's way above this level, however the downside is that his "going days" are very few and far between nowadays, he does little to no work for the team and he's also a bit of a disruptive presence. For your sake I hope I'm wrong, however he's the last guy you want when you're down near the bottom and fighting as he basically just downs tools if he doesn't fancy it and from our own experience we ended up playing with 10 men in the last few months of the season when we went down to League 1 (actually 9 if you include a finished El Alagui)................

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

It's just a pity for us that you didn't go in for him.

If you're expecting better than GGH and Darren O'Dea type players when you're battling out at the bottom of the championship then you're deluded. Both would be cracking signings for you.