The Partick Thistle thread

4 hours ago, Rednyella said:

Read the article posted above about him. He hates football and feels like he’s taken someone else’s spot. Look, with Bart’s if he didn’t suffer from depression and as he puts it a weak mind he’d be playing at a much higher level. He’s a cracking player when he cares and wants to give it his all. Sadly, I don’t believe him when he says he gives everything in every game as when your depressed I think it’s impossible to do that. He’ll have good games for you maybe for a while and then like he has done for us and other clubs just capitulate.

I wish him all the best and hope he finds somewhere he can enjoy the game. He certainly did with us in his first season and hope he cherishes that and the top 6 achievement.

How do you know he suffers from depression? Sounding miserable in an interview with the press and being a shitebag last season a diagnosis does not make.

Always very sobering. It feels like a generation of Thistle history is fading to memory and soon gone from living memory. John Lambie, Davie McParland and fans like Harry Caulderhead.

Enjoy it while you can, lads and lassies. 

The sad loss of Davie McParland is devastating news. It's impossible to understate his achievements as a loyal Thistle player and manager. 

The Celtic team that we beat in 1971 League Cup Final were European Cup finalists that year. It contained several Lisbon Lions and a young Kenny Dalglish. Jock Stein later recognised his talent by appointing him as his assistant. 

A true legend who will be greatly missed. RIP. :(

That is real tragic news. Saw him as a player and a manager. Terrific player, terrific manager. Sad he left the club under such a cloud after all he done. If memory serves me right, it was because the board refused to sanction Hughie Strachan becoming a coach at the club. He gave me the greatest day of my football life in 1971.  I assume the club had an inkling of this happening hence the announcement of McParland Park yesterday.  RIP Legend!

Before my time as a player or a manager but I think it's clear that it's between him and Jackie Husband for the greatest Thistle personality ever- based on stats I'd give it to McParland, 500+ games and the only manager rather than a committee to land a major trophy.

Also think it's pretty clear that the name of the training ground was decided up front but given the feeling that naming the North Stand after Lambie was a bit of an afterthought, the club wanted to make sure of that when it was clear Davie's health was on the wane.

4.10 onwards- "the Celtic players maybe didn't understand we could play a wee bit, and it was too late by the time they decided we could"

RIP.

Paul McMullan of Dundee Yinited getting linked with a move. 

Possible Lawless replacement, bit of a downgrade imo as hes flitted about a fair bit throughout his career.

1 minute ago, cilitbang said:

The DU thread screams that the guy is shit. I’d rather give a youth a chance than sign someone else’s dross. 

They're a bunch of deviants, tbf. Not too fussed but he can do a job out wide or behind the front man. 

Just now, jagfox99 said:

They're a bunch of deviants, tbf. Not too fussed but he can do a job out wide or behind the front man. 

I’m looking at it this way. If DU fans that have been watching utter shambles for the past few years are saying the guy is shit (can’t beat a man or cross past 1st defender etc), then he must be REALLY shit! 

1 minute ago, cilitbang said:

I’m looking at it this way. If DU fans that have been watching utter shambles for the past few years are saying the guy is shit (can’t beat a man or cross past 1st defender etc), then he must be REALLY shit! 

Nah, they just don't know their arse from their elbow. Although you may have a point :green

17 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

We thought similar about Devine and ICT fans :P

True :lol:

Only a Scottish Sun rumour so as you said I’m not too fussed either way but he could bring something to our current squad as he seems a nightly wee bazza from what I’ve seen of him.

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

True :lol:

Only a Scottish Sun rumour so as you said I’m not too fussed either way but he could bring something to our current squad as he seems a nightly wee bazza from what I’ve seen of him.

Still think we’re short one thug in the team, preferably CM

Just now, cilitbang said:

Still think we’re short one thug in the team, preferably CM

Definetly, I’d like another central defender, a full back and another striker too. Certainly space in the squad but can we get these deals over the line?

1 hour ago, cilitbang said:

The DU thread screams that the guy is shit. I’d rather give a youth a chance than sign someone else’s dross. 

Some Dunfermline poster on here said McMullan was decent for them and he would take him back.

FWIW we do give our youth players a chance.
I don't know anything of our youth team. Are any of them consistent and good enough to play 40 games this season?