The Partick Thistle thread

6 hours ago, thistledo said:

I believe not actually much difference, I think theirs is the same width and ours is slightly longer (heh heh) so I guess, they just need to punt long balls slightly harder and they should be fine. 

But I think they crowded the midfield, stopped us being able to pass the ball about, leaving us to resort to puntery as well. Good tactic from them tbh. 

That’s disappointing even though we were utter garbage, my one hope was firhill pitch being a bit bigger.

Our midfields slow as f**k was thinking bigger pitch would give them more time on the ball.

Then again I’m maybe kidding my self it will make a difference.

. Livingstons players covering so much ground maybe made it look small.

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

In short, no. Offers a decent threat going forward as he’s always been pretty good at carrying the ball, but his positioning is dreadful and as POTM alluded to we frequently concede goals from down his side. Also gives away a load of penalties because wingers turn him inside out so easily.

If you’re intent on being a bottom 6 club going forward he’d be an alright signing, but I’d guess you should be aiming higher.

Booths actually one of the players in our squad I’d be really disappointed to lose. If anything I’d say he’s slightly injury prone. 

Thought last season playing alongside Big Lindsay he was very good.

Booths actually one of the players in our squad I’d be really disappointed to lose. If anything I’d say he’s slightly injury prone. 
Thought last season playing alongside Big Lindsay he was very good.

Liam Lindsay papered over a lot of cracks defensively last season, even Danny Devine looked vaguely competent.

Booth is pish. Dundee can have him.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Liam Lindsay papered over a lot of cracks defensively last season, even Danny Devine looked vaguely competent.

Booth is pish. Dundee can have him.

Can’t agree with you on that one if he’s asked to get forward every game some one should be helping to cover him,  Don’t feel as if he has had that help  this season. 

Penrice should be out LB from now on anyway.

I actually don't mind Booth. Granted he's been shite this season like the rest but but he's probably one of the few along with Edwards that could be salvaged.
He's not on the same "get in the fucking sea" level as Devine, Osman or Storey.

2 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Penrice should be out LB from now on anyway.

I actually don't mind Booth. Granted he's been shite this season like the rest but but he's probably one of the few along with Edwards that could be salvaged.
He's not on the same "get in the fucking sea" level as Devine, Osman or Storey.

Read some where he has a clause in his contract and the club can extend it if they choose to. 

Also think Penrice should be looked at as a possible midfield player after his success at Livingston

I like Booth most of the time and I'm comfortable with him starting. Although I hate it when he's up against Tavernier, who absolutely roasts him in every single 1v1.

edit: [insert comment here from fan of another club about how we won't have to worry about facing Tavernier next season. Or Rangers. There, I've saved you the bother]

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Guy's cant we not just get behind the team, remember we support Partick Thistle as a club on the whole. Managers, players, directors and the rest of the staff all come and go through the years but we as fans support the red/yellow tops through thick and thin. As it stands at the moment if we get relegated we are only going to aspire to be in the SPFL again. I think Archie will walk away irrespective where we end up but on the plus side many of the first team players are out of contract and won't be required by a new manager if that's the case solely because they have no stomach for important games when the chips are down, we've had probably about 6 or 7 games this season that have been mega important for different reasons and not closely turned up.
I for one will thank Archie for his time and efforts for us but now it's time for him and his backroom team to walk away. To finish lets get to the play-off and somehow f##k Livingston and start afresh next season, c'mon the jags.

Thanks for your input Mr. Chairman sir. See you on Sunday. [emoji1303]

Its just not just a case for me of getting rid of the clear and utter shite, we need to change the whole mentality of the team, and that means weeding out mentality weak and inconsistent players. If someone came in for the likes of Keown in the summer I'd happily move him on.  To be honest, I think save for Christie Elliott and Cerny, most of the non Scottish players need to go.  We've filled the team to the brim with weak English League 2 standard dross. 

Wouldn't be bringing back Booth at this rate and if someone wants Spittal, yer welcome.  Very hard pushed to keep players like Fraser and Bannigan. We've been wasting money on perennially injured players for years. Same with the likes of Scully and Nisbet, youth players who hang around for years and waste a wage. We really need to be to be ruthless in how we rebuild the team.  It needs gutted.

Edited by Firhill_Basin