The Partick Thistle thread

Since we're keeping Scully, surely the logical thing to do would be to send him out on loan for a year to the Championship and have Gallacher as second-choice. Therefore meaning Scully gets regular game time to see if he's showing any signs that he can cut it as a Premiership keeper, while keeping Gallacher as a more than able second-choice keeper, and not losing our goalkeeping coach at the same time?

Seems a strange place to try and shave a few quid off the wage bill plus the hassle of getting a new GK coach and / or a 3rd choice keeper if Cullen decides to go elsewhere- tbh Gall must be looking fairly creaky in training if we’re not willing to offer him a playing deal and we’re offering fkng Scully 2 years.

Some decent saves aside, I don't think anyone would dispute that Scully has been unconvincing on the whole since coming in for Cerny. He has a bit of a habit of 'holding the baby' so to speak whenever we concede a number of goals and he must have spent too much time with Scott Fox as he's similarly as quiet when it comes to marshalling the defence.

The one crumb of comfort as far as he's concerned is that he's worked with three managers and two well respected goalkeeping coaches (well, Hinchcliffe was at the time), and they all see something in him - and that's ignoring the fact that Dunfermline were very keen to retain him last year.

A two-year deal seems very generous though considering he looked set for the exit door before Cerny's injury. I'm wondering whether we're going to put him out on loan again for next season...

I think we all agree he needs some work to be a Premiership level keeper. I hope Gallacher stays to tutor him and with Cerny setting the standard he can hopefully only improve. He is a young lad and keepers tend to mature a touch older than an outfield player.

Assume the 3 dev squad players are too old to be classed as such next season,and a decision had to be made, and I won't accept Duggan is gone until he signs for someone else and has played for them for at least 2 seasons.

I think Whiteside still had another year of eligibility at the development squad but after a good start he was quite disappointing. McMullin and Lynch seem to work better as a partnership defensively, but neither command the defensive line which lead to a lot of shitey goals being conceded.

Jordan Leyden didn't have a very good season in the development league and it's no real surprise that he is away.

Marc Waters is overage, by development league standards, but playing 20s football won't have done anything for him. He needs to go out and get first team football with a lower league club. I guess the manager didn't see him as being ready for Premiership football any time soon so let him go to allow him to come back up the leagues with experience.

Did Duggan ever play a game for us? What a waste of time he was.

Duggan never played a game but injuries killed him at Thistle. I think he might have had a chance at the start of 2014/15 but injuries in the second half of 2013/14 knocked him back progress wise. He was absolutely lethal in the Dev League, although half his goals were penalties.

Big Freddy seems to have cleared his gaff and him and the Mrs appear to be taking a lot of luggage to the airport.

Could be weighing up options I suppose?

Big Freddy seems to have cleared his gaff and him and the Mrs appear to be taking a lot of luggage to the airport.

Casually just sitting across the road from his front door with two eyeholes cut out of a newspaper again?

*** Foxy not stalking Fred.***

Apparently Archie saying we need at least two centre backs and we're just waiting on hearing back from Miller and Lawless. Sounds like Frans has said he's off. Disappointed if that's the case as he would have been easy to persuade to keep and it means we need a whole new CB pairing, not ideal. ETA: weighing up an offer from Royal Antwerp supposedly

Edited by Red 'N Yellow