The Partick Thistle thread

Rankin would be a horrible signing.

He runs about a lot, but that's the biggest compliment you can give him. He's rash, clumsy and he gives the ball away far too often. Loves attempting 'worldy' passes as well which are more often than not grossly overhit.

A fat James Craigen.

You gave that a lot of consideration...

After he posted his farewell letter to the dufc fans he got hundreds of thanks and people saying he was their best player and wished he wasn't leaving.

Whilst thats lovely for him, that a small % of United fans wish he wasn't leaving. It doesn't have any bearing on us, or him as a footballer.

He may have been their best player, but everyone around him was disgustingly sh!te. I could have been their best player.

They wished he was staying.... to play in the Championship. 

There's several problems. One is that the soil has become compacted around the USH pipes, which means water isn't absorbed as easily, so doesn't drain properly. But they're also planning, from what I can remember, to double the frequency of draining points.

I vaguely remember a story from 30 or so years ago about clearing a "forgotten" drain at the bing end. 

Something related to  seepage from the canal basin.

Or is this nonsense?

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/may_2016/contract_update

Loan player returning to club

Aidan Nesbitt

Out of contract players In discussions with club

Conor Cullen

Dominic Docherty

Frederic Frans

Steven Lawless

Matthew McInally

Neil McLaughlin

Michael McMullin

Gary Miller

Ryan Scully

David Wilson

Out of contract players who will leave the club

Stuart Bannigan

Chris Duggan

Jordan Leyden

Daniel Seaborne

Marc Waters

Scot Whiteside

The Scully thing (where he by all accounts has signed a deal) is a bit odd- presume they're waiting for a bit of better news so they can sneak it in at the bottom of the article in size 7 font.

Assume the 3 dev squad players are too old to be classed as such next season,and a decision had to be made, and I won't accept Duggan is gone until he signs for someone else and has played for them for at least 2 seasons.

The management team obviously see something in Wilson but for his own sake it might be best to head elsewhere to actually get a game (4 starts in the last 2 seasons, 2 of which were last day dead rubbers)

edit: forgot about Paul Gallacher- I thought he was only under contract for this year, presume he's either under contract for longer, or not classed as a player any more except in emergency as I can't see him moving on.

Edited by Fuctifano

Did Bannigan come on to the pitch on Saturday with the rest of the players?

Yes he walked down to the pitch past me in the JHS, presumably after finishing the audio commentary. Edited by jaggymct

No surprises there but it's good to see that we're trying to keep Miller as well.

Gallacher only signed a one year deal last year so presumably he's considered solely a coach now.

someone posted on Facebook (yes I know) Gallacher still wanted regular games so was away which made me wonder even more why Scully was playing before him

someone posted on Facebook (yes I know) Gallacher still wanted regular games so was away which made me wonder even more why Scully was playing before him

Gal had his thumb bandaged up for the last couple of games.