The Partick Thistle thread

3 hours ago, velo army said:

Any idea when the postponed games will get played? For some reason I fancy the trip to Inverness but can't see it listed on our fixtures on the main site.

It is anticipated that rescheduled dates will be announced this week by the SPFL.

4 hours ago, jaggyness said:
5 hours ago, Jollyjag said:
If we lose Rudden in transfer window would you take Griffiths till end of season

Don't want anyone who admitted an offence that was considered racist anywhere near our club.

Even forgetting all the off field stuff, he looks unfit and unfocused so a drop down a division is hardly going to do him good.

He'd be the polar opposite of a like for like replacement for Rudden

If he was in red hot form and would obviously bring you guaranteed goals, it would be a difficult decision, and you'd have to weigh up the success he'd bring with the clear baggage and attention he would bring.

As it is, you can easily turn him down for footballing reasons before even going near his personal issues.  No thanks.

I would really, really hope that we don’t sign Griffiths. We seem to have a very professional group of players and he is almost the polar opposite of that. We also look to have a good team spirit going, and I’d be seriously concerned about him disrupting that.

There’s also that he’s got massive amounts of baggage, and is quite pish at football now.

I would expect that McCall realises there’s a chance Rudden will be away and has been planning for that eventuality already. 

50 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I would really, really hope that we don’t sign Griffiths. We seem to have a very professional group of players and he is almost the polar opposite of that. We also look to have a good team spirit going, and I’d be seriously concerned about him disrupting that.

There’s also that he’s got massive amounts of baggage, and is quite pish at football now.

I would expect that McCall realises there’s a chance Rudden will be away and has been planning for that eventuality already. 

If we signed Griffiths ( which even myself would doubt McCall touching him with a barge pole) we might as well sign Goodwillie and bring in Graham Rix and really become ' Not so cuddly anymore'

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Noticed Watt appears to be off to Tannadice today, which might mean Motherwell put in a bigger bid for Rudden. Hopefully we avoid the nightmare scenario where we sell him too late in the window to get any sort of replacement.

Motherwell would need to put in a very serious bid for us to even consider letting Rudden go. It would be crazy to put the promotion challenge at risk for a bit of extra cash.

The board should only accept a bid if McCall has a decent replacement lined up. Griffiths has too much baggage so who can realistically replace Rudden? Genuine question.

5 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The board should only accept a bid if McCall has a decent replacement lined up. Griffiths has too much baggage so who can realistically replace Rudden? Genuine question.

McCall seems to have a very good relationship with some of the people at Rangers, so I wouldn’t be remotely surprised if we got another one of their youth players (either loan or permanent) to replace Rudden. I have no idea who though - a quick google suggests someone named Tony Weston has scored a lot for their B team so maybe they want to test him at a higher level?

f**k knows though - I really would just rather we kept Rudden for the remainder of the season, irrespective of him signing a pre-contract elsewhere. He doesn’t seem the type to chuck it just because he’s moving. 

Surely it’s worth selling him and trying to play Cammy Smith in the number 10 role behind Graham? It’s where he’s most effective and will likely contribute a fair few goals.

Rudden is a good player at this level but there’s ways around him if you decided to sell.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely it’s worth selling him and trying to play Cammy Smith in the number 10 role behind Graham? It’s where he’s most effective and will likely contribute a fair few goals.

Rudden is a good player at this level but there’s ways around him if you decided to sell.

The issue with Smith, IMO, is a lack of pace.