The Partick Thistle thread

15 hours ago, baba douche said:

You might not like her, but things have been run well since the Caldwell disaster.

You don't have to like people that work for you if they do their job right.

She'll probably be kept on as a director, unless she reads the room and declines the offer.

She would run her granny over to get some good PR..oh wait she ain't very good at that! And to think that she supposedly ran a PR business...ahh it failed..figures.

Disappointing as the defence has looked better with Lewis and Olatunji in the middle. 

If we start conceding and not scoring we could be up the proverbial creek with no paddle...

7 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Assume it’ll be Holt back to centre half, Foster to left back and McKenna to right back.

At least Rudden will be available. We’re probably better off just changing formation rather than playing MacIver if he’s out. 

That was a disastrous defence that conceded lots of goals. Holt back to CB and Hendrie at LB.

McIver is not good enough for the bench. We need at least one new striker in January.

Anyone signed up to the Jags Foundation yet?

I finally got around to it yesterday and was number 199 so seems like a decent number considering it's only been open a few days and the only place I've seen it advertised it through it being retweeted on twitter. I feel like I can't spend years moaning about the likes of Jacqui Low and then not contribute to the one chance to be properly fan owned and have some sort of say in who runs the club.

https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/sign-up/

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I finally got around to it yesterday and was number 199 so seems like a decent number considering it's only been open a few days and the only place I've seen it advertised it through it being retweeted on twitter. I feel like I can't spend years moaning about the likes of Jacqui Low and then not contribute to the one chance to be properly fan owned and have some sort of say in who runs the club.

Was waiting until I was paid, but aye I’ve just signed up now as number 217.

33 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Was at the game v Moton, while it was a really poor match I thought Akinola done well. What's the thoughts on him?

Although he looks a bit awkward, since he has come in we have really tightened up defensively. He is a no nonsense centre back.

7 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Signed up as well. I was initially skeptical about the idea of fan ownership at Thistle as our fanbase is pretty divided; always squabbling about something or other and made up of various wee cliques with their own interests. But the longer the current ownership situation has gone on, the more I think we need something new and that this is the best option for our club.

Over 200 is a decent start. Ideally we’ll be well into the 4 figures by the time the takeover actually goes through, as that would be £10k+ a month worth of income for the club.

The Jags Foundation, the Club Board and Greaves need to offer deals that add value to increase revenues.

There should be a. combined season ticket and JTF membership package. For "Nomads" and others who can't attend games, there could be a video plus membership package

They could be combined with discounts for those who sponsor players' kits o spend substantial amounts on hospitality at Greaves.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

19 hours ago, thistledo said:

I quite like a Friday night game at Firhill, however since it's to allow QP to play the very next day I really do start to fear for the state of our pitch as we get deeper into winter. 

It isn’t to allow QP to play on Saturday - it’s because Killie have a game on Tuesday and Friday and for some reason can’t play on Sunday. Imagine having to play games 2 days apart - it’s never happened before !