The Partick Thistle thread

From the Premiership out of contract lists there's also Blair Spittal and... eh... Ryan Scully. 

If Spittal leaves County I’d take him. More good games than bad and I think he always seemed to give a shit, which is more than can be said for many of his teammates. I’d like to see what he could do in a decent team.

5 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

wonder which ex thistle players we're going to regularly end up having touted on the thread post GTF day? Reckon Aidan Fitzpatrick will be the go-to name for speculation imo, feels like it might even be plausible too since he was at QotS on loan...

edit: Mickael Mandron need not apply, thank you

I think Fitzpatrick must have regressed quite badly. He obviously didn’t impress at Norwich and QOS fans were lukewarm to his time there

I think Fitzpatrick must have regressed quite badly. He obviously didn’t impress at Norwich and QOS fans were lukewarm to his time there
Showed in glimpses he has quality but far too often posted missing. We also had Jones from Boro on loan and only one of those two will ever have a shot at English Championship football. It won't be Fitzpatrick unless he really ups his effort.

Always felt Fitzpatrick left us too soon, and another run of 20, 30 games would’ve done him a lot of good instead of going to Norwich’s academy so early on. He was pretty decent in the second half of the 2018/19 season. 

Come join us! Since we launched The Thistle Archive in September, 2020, we've increased the number of live pages from 6,834 to 7,869. Now, we have another 6,000 in the pipeline, and extra hands to upload them are needed. We're hoping to sign-up a gang of volunteers to help push our Thistle history site forwards to the next level.

More details here →

yany4.jpg

Never really got a chance with us, even when were struggling like f**k to score or create anything in the first half of this season. Just didn’t seem like McCall was a fan, so not surprising news at all.

All the best to him.

Hasn’t shown anything to suggest he’ll make it here, but then neither had Zak Rudden until the Clyde game so who knows. I suppose if it all works out, he can get some confidence and come back in January to hit the ground running. 

All the best to him, and you’d hope if we’re letting him head off we’ve got some other (better) players lined up. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

I suspect that's the end of his time at Firhill despite all the caveats about recall and future development. Just never happened for him last season. 

Agreed. Lyons' contract finishes at the end of next season. He needs to make a big impact before January to earn a recall, 

McCall clearly preferred Murray and didn't give him much of a chance. Perhaps he didn't settle in Glasgow and will be happier back with Montrose.

Good luck to him!

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Hasn’t shown anything to suggest he’ll make it here, but then neither had Zak Rudden until the Clyde game so who knows. I suppose if it all works out, he can get some confidence and come back in January to hit the ground running. 

All the best to him, and you’d hope if we’re letting him head off we’ve got some other (better) players lined up. 

As Reid suggested earlier, Luke McCowan is out of contract. 

He was a regular in their side last season, scored a few goals.  Another Tiffoney? Both would be ideal.

ETA - Ayr have signed Cameron Salkeld from Morton, a replacement for McCowan?

Edited by Bishop Briggs

11 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

As Reid suggested earlier, Luke McCowan of Ayr is out of contract.

He was a regular in their side last season, scored a few goals. Another Tiffoney? Both would be ideal.

Can we start some rumours?

Blair Spittal has been released. Him, Tiffoney and McCowan as wide options would be decent.

As Reid suggested earlier, Luke McCowan is out of contract. 
He was a regular in their side last season, scored a few goals.  Another Tiffoney? Both would be ideal.

Salkeld is totally different to McCowan and is probably going to end up playing as a wing back.

McCowan is apparently in talks with a couple Championship sides and a couple Premiership sides but hasn’t rejected our offer either. I think, given his age, he needs to take a jump to the top flight if he’s planning on moving.