The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Not sure McIver did enough to merit being brought back on a permanent basis. A couple of goals, but in general he contributed very little.

Yeah, I get that.

But with Rudden and Graham nailed on for the first 2 spots, we realistically need someone to come and make impacts off the bench. I imagine he'd be a relatively cheap option for that role. If he's a good egg in the changing room I wouldnt be against his signing.

22 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Yeah, I get that.

But with Rudden and Graham nailed on for the first 2 spots, we realistically need someone to come and make impacts off the bench. I imagine he'd be a relatively cheap option for that role. If he's a good egg in the changing room I wouldnt be against his signing.

I agree, I think he would be a decent signing for next season in a impact sub roll like you mentioned. 

I expect us to bring in two strikers this summer, MacIver being one of them who already knows the squad and the way McCall likes to play.

I think Maciver would benefit from dropping down to work back up - he needs to find his feet and prove he can score goals over a season. 

Call it the Nisbet approach.

We could theoretically bring him in and loan him out, IF it worked financially

McIver is worth a punt in my opinion.

He showed if flashes what he is capable of and was highly rated by Motherwell a couple of years ago.

He's young and if McCall thinks he has a good attitude, he'd be worth working with.

I thought MacIver was largely poor, but I can see McCall wanting to sign him. Assuming he’s relatively cheap, I don’t have a huge issue with that I suppose - we’ll need more than one striker in if we’re planning on playing two up fron regularly.

Could also depend whether he wants to stay around the central belt or not. He’s from ip near Inverness or something I think. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I thought MacIver was largely poor, but I can see McCall wanting to sign him. Assuming he’s relatively cheap, I don’t have a huge issue with that I suppose - we’ll need more than one striker in if we’re planning on playing two up fron regularly.

Could also depend whether he wants to stay around the central belt or not. He’s from ip near Inverness or something I think. 

McIver originally joined Morton on a season loan last summer. The deal was terminated early in January and Ross then joined us in March. He made a handful of appearances for. both clubs. Frankly, McCall should be looking for a better player who is competing strongly for a starting place in the team. We can't afford passengers.

wonder which ex thistle players we're going to regularly end up having touted on the thread post GTF day? Reckon Aidan Fitzpatrick will be the go-to name for speculation imo, feels like it might even be plausible too since he was at QotS on loan...

edit: Mickael Mandron need not apply, thank you

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

25 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

wonder which ex thistle players we're going to regularly end up having touted on the thread post GTF day? Reckon Aidan Fitzpatrick will be the go-to name for speculation imo, feels like it might even be plausible too since he was at QotS on loan...

Doolan and ATS surely?

18 minutes ago, JustDom said:

Doolan and ATS surely?

Doolan is probably done for this level sadly, so yeah perfect for pointlessly linking to us. Don't know about ATS tbf, if nothing else Holt probably makes it a non-starter.

edit: oh maybe going back in for McDaid if Dundee don't fancy him for the top flight?

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

SOD, Jack Hendry and Kevin Nisbet...

Kyle Turner was apparently in the academy for a bit so he would fit the bill even if slightly tenuously.