The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

We really need to add some more half decent creative players, one hopefully being Tiffoney. I don’t think Murray, Cardle, Gordon or Lyons are going to cut it.

I’m sure McCall is aware of that though.

Bringing back Tiffoney should be one of, if not the main aim this summer. He was a huge part of our promotion. Regarding the other players you mentioned Lyons will likely stay as he is under contract, but perhaps he will be loaned out. Cardle I would keep, he had the most assists in the league and did chip in with some important goals so I think a one year deal would be a fair shout. Murray like Lyons is under contract and was involved in the first team pretty heavily during most of the campaign I think he will likely stay. Gordon is out of contract and I am unsure of if McCall will offer him an extension or not, he can pop up with important goals but as we know can also drift through matches. Again maybe we will see a one year extension for him, but I am unsure.

Edited by R&Y99

Happy with that one as well. McCall seems to be locking up the dressing room leaders, which is positive.

Three signed contracts today according to the interview with Docherty, so one more announcement to come.

24 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Happy with that one as well. McCall seems to be locking up the dressing room leaders, which is positive.

Three signed contracts today according to the interview with Docherty, so one more announcement to come.

Possibly an extension for Bannigan or Tiffoney signing permanently after declining Livingston's new contract terms.

8 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Possibly an extension for Bannigan or Tiffoney signing permanently after declining Livingston's new contract terms.

According to the Livi fans on here, Martindale had all but confirmed that he was coming here and we were discussing compensation figures for him, although other clubs were interested too.

Hopefully get it all sorted soon, especially now that Livi have, as you say, announced that he’s left them.

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

According to the Livi fans on here, Martindale had all but confirmed that he was coming here and we were discussing compensation figures for him, although other clubs were interested too.

Hopefully get it all sorted soon, especially now that Livi have, as you say, announced that he’s left them.

Having offered Tiffoney new terms, Livingston are entitled to compensation and negotiations could delay his arrival. Then there's the rumour of Penrice going the other way. ETA - Livi also announced the release of Aaron Taylor-Sinclair.

An extension for Brownlie or a new deal for Sneddon/Gordon or Foster are other possibilities. It seems that. the club is going to drip feed the contract announcements this week.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Banzo must be due a testimonial now? Understand why they wouldn't do it this season just past, but surely in the offing this coming season? New deal will take him to 12 years at the club.

5 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Banzo must be due a testimonial now? Understand why they wouldn't do it this season just past, but surely in the offing this coming season? New deal will take him to 12 years at the club.

When he signed his last extension it included a testimonial, not sure if it was due last season or this coming one but covid would obviously have made that decision irrelevant. 

Again, fine with Graham and Bannigan signing for an extra year. 

58 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

If Livi have offered Penrice a deal maybe the clubs can agree to cancel any compensation fees? 🤔

That would more than likely work to Livi's advantage due to the fact Tiffoney didn't come through their youth system and has only been there for 3 years.

Getting, Graham, Banzo and Docherty signed up on new deals is good business for us. I suspect we could see some more extensions come in the way of Foster and Cardle in the next few days, and hopefully the permanent signing of Tiffoney . 

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Sounds like the same deal we did with Jet and Anderson

Did you sign Bruce Anderson from the Sheeple? McCall was after him in January.

Did you sign Bruce Anderson from the Sheeple? McCall was after him in January.
Yeah, announced a three year deal last night. Aberdeen were due a fee for him and we were due a fee for Jet so I believe they cancelled each other out