The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

No idea, just seen rumours that he’s signed somewhere.

If he hasn’t I’d expect McCall will want to keep him.

Fingers crossed. I just have a feeling he will kick on next season. Hope we reap the benefits of that rather than some Shan outfit like Livi or  Killie...

Fingers crossed. I just have a feeling he will kick on next season. Hope we reap the benefits of that rather than some Shan outfit like Livi or  Killie...
Just thinking. As he is the same age as Tiffoney and as someone has already stated, if we offer Penrice a contract aren't we entitled to compo?

One thing I've had in my head all week but was absolutely not willing to say until full time last night was that any time we've been in a promotion race in my time following Thistle I don't think we've lost out.

The only times I can even remember us being vaguely in the hunt and not going up were 1999/2000 when 3 teams went up and Lambie signed all the junior players, we got off to a shit start but clawed our way back into it, then fell away but were never in a promotion spot. Also 2008-09 aka the Gary Harkins season when we were a few points behind St Johnstone and went to Perth and drew 1-1, but even if we'd have won that game I think we were relying on them dropping 4 or 5 more points.

edit- checked that one and we were 3 points behind them with them having a game in hand so we were never that close to catching them.

1992- scraped over the line
2001- pissed it, had it won by end of March
2002- won it with a couple of games to spare as Airdrie fell away
2006- should have blown it but somehow didn't
2013-  see 2002 but with Morton

We've had plenty of relegation heartbreakers but I'd think having a good team that doesn't go up in a way would be worse.

Edited by Fuctifano

That’s a good point.

Season 1999/00 was one of my favourite seasons following Thistle.  Our shite start meant we were never winning the league but our momentum during the second half of the season coupled with a decent cup run made you feel we were on the cusp of something special.

Here’s hoping we’re living through something similar at the moment.

8 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Penrice and Williamson already away, apparently. Punt Reilly and the rest of the loanees.

Can you elaborate here? Is that social media talk? Agents? The only nailed-on certainty is that Thistle will be a Championship side. 🤔

32 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

No idea, just seen rumours that he’s signed somewhere.

If he hasn’t I’d expect McCall will want to keep him.

Heaven forfend the lad end up at Dundee United - the career graveyard of many a Thistle player and coach.

I seen a Tweet perhaps by @The Thistle Archive that we're on some bizarre run of either being relegated twice and being promoted twice... 

Feeling a bit rough today, but what a turnaround man. A few weeks ago we're chatting about missing the playoffs and what a shambles the season has been. Huge amount of credit to McCall and the players to get up the table and win it with a game to spare. 

It's also nice to come in here and not have to put up with the weirdos that drop in. 

*Christ had to edit about 5 spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, might have been still pished when I wrote that. 

Edited by thistledo

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

It's also nice to come in here and not have to put up with the weirdos that drop in. 

A lot of said weirdos will be sitting bricking it at the prospect of their own rabble dropping into the play-offs this evening.

8 hours ago, velo army said:

What argument? But aye, as has been said before, this has been an extraordinary four weeks. From 8 points behind to 8 points clear is stunning form (and quite the arse collapse from Falkirk).

The argument that any team that happened to be at the top or bottom of a league when the leagues were stopped “deserved” to be promoted or relegated.

6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Has anyone checked on that odd St Mirren “fan”? The visits from opposition fans fairly dried up recently, and him in particular.

Strange one, that - they all seemed so interested in us up until about March.

You'll have to narrow it down a bit. They're all odd 

2 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

A lot of said weirdos will be sitting bricking it at the prospect of their own rabble dropping into the play-offs this evening.

Hilarious if it's Morton or Ayr tbh. I'd miss Ayr away, but after their pish when McCall joined I'll defo have a right good laugh if they go down. 

Fair f***s to McCall. I called for him to go but he didn't half turn it around for the run in. Happy for the guy knowing how much Thistle means to him. 

Credit to the players too for stepping up. Rudden,Graham, Tiffoney ,Cardle and Bannigan all superb.

I'm actually excited for next season and beyond now.