The Partick Thistle thread

My personal favourite Lowlight was when our PR supremo chairperson offered a passive aggressive apology for the mistakes she had made at the end of the season a couple of years ago.  It read like a drunk late-night text message.

Yesterday's whine-statement is one of the most maudlin and cringeworthy to date.  I really wonder what JL/the board think they are going to achieve by this - To win round other clubs to rally to our cause?  Because so far, pretty much everything they have done has diluted any support we might once have had in Scottish football at the time of the demotion, and they have failed to build any kind of alliances other than the obviously doomed one with Budge.  The stuff about furloughing staff and players - while simultaneously moaning about hindering transfer activity (!) and playing games - when we've dodged the last two fixtures, is hopelessly muddled.  Obviously, the Facebook feedback was all wElL doNe tHiStLE iTs nOT fAIr!

Maybe we shouldn't be surprised when a former SPAD for Michael Forsyth and (failed) Tory candidate to be an Edinburgh MSP has such a poor grasp of reality, or that she is so apparently unwilling to take any responsibility for the state we're in now.

30 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

My personal favourite Lowlight was when our PR supremo chairperson offered a passive aggressive apology for the mistakes she had made at the end of the season a couple of years ago.  It read like a drunk late-night text message.

Yesterday's whine-statement is one of the most maudlin and cringeworthy to date.  I really wonder what JL/the board think they are going to achieve by this - To win round other clubs to rally to our cause?  Because so far, pretty much everything they have done has diluted any support we might once have had in Scottish football at the time of the demotion, and they have failed to build any kind of alliances other than the obviously doomed one with Budge.  The stuff about furloughing staff and players - while simultaneously moaning about hindering transfer activity (!) and playing games - when we've dodged the last two fixtures, is hopelessly muddled.  Obviously, the Facebook feedback was all wElL doNe tHiStLE iTs nOT fAIr!

Maybe we shouldn't be surprised when a former SPAD for Michael Forsyth and (failed) Tory candidate to be an Edinburgh MSP has such a poor grasp of reality, or that she is so apparently unwilling to take any responsibility for the state we're in now.

I'm loving the Kool Aid drinkers raging we can't play games. Oblivious to the fact we are in a Part Time league so our players will be coming up against nurses, factory workers, retail staff and alike who can easily be catching Covid in their day jobs. No interest at all in protecting our own players, it seems 

36 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

I liked the advice about the flag or banner.

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I liked the advice about the flag or banner.

I loved the fac,t that folk thought that that was an entirely acceptable way for the Chairman of a Football Club, to conduct themselves. 

Edited by dave.j

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

That statement 😳

Obviously support the team through thick and thin, regardless of what division we are in and the level of ineptitude of the players, etc. 

But f**k me I dont half hate those running the club and a decent section of our support (the Twitter and Facebook goons) right now.

The games up lads, we have to admit that the team is in a position that our board and a section of the fanbase deserve. 

A more than decent section of our support equally cannot abide the malcontents who are happy to pour oil on the situation, while blind to a world wide pandemic that has impacted on our club and many others. Quid pro quo. If your hate for the board and many of its fans, why bother apart from whining incessantly about it? 

36 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

A more than decent section of our support equally cannot abide the malcontents who are happy to pour oil on the situation, while blind to a world wide pandemic that has impacted on our club and many others. Quid pro quo. If your hate for the board and many of its fans, why bother apart from whining incessantly about it? 

The only incessant whining is the one being done by Low and her happyclappers with the "its not fair" moonhowling.

42 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

Who's blind to the pandemic? The malcontents or the Kool Aid drinkers?

Regards your second point, I don't understand what you mean. 

34 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

The only incessant whining is the one being done by Low and her happyclappers with the "its not fair" moonhowling.

I wondered which member of the People's front of Judea ( P and B Branch: Membership 3  ) would bite first. Whine, whine, whine we want a statement/ we don't want a statement/sack the board/sack McCall/ its all Britton's fault/ sue the SPL/ don't sue the SPL/ put the USH on/ Switch aff the USH. ad infinitm....

If your going to whine expect the counter argument, assuming the PFJ allow it. 

26 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

I wondered which member of the People's front of Judea ( P and B Branch: Membership 3  ) would bite first. Whine, whine, whine we want a statement/ we don't want a statement/sack the board/sack McCall/ its all Britton's fault/ sue the SPL/ don't sue the SPL/ put the USH on/ Switch aff the USH. ad infinitm....

If your going to whine expect the counter argument, assuming the PFJ allow it. 

When can we expect the counter argument?

26 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

Reg: If you want to join the People's Front of Judea ( P and B brach ), you have to really hate  J LOW/ Board/ Thistle fans
Brian: I do!
Reg: Oh yeah, how much?
Brian: A lot!
Reg: Right, you're in.

So you have no counter argument for anything that's mentioned. Just personal attacks on people. You charge on fella. 

6 hours ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

Since when did reasoned discussion/arguement become whining? Genuine question.

Surely the whole point of these forums is to allow people to vent their spleen, highlight concerns, slag others, indulge in counter arguments. Don't see whining going on here, just fed up frustrated football fans trying to find some comfort by typing a rant.

Nothing to see here, move along now🥰

22 hours ago, dave.j said:

Tell you what, I'll start giving the Club money when they get a reality check and start running the place relative to the league we're in, instead of throwing money around like we are still a Premiership team.

Deal?

Says a lot about our fan base rn that a post saying back the club provokes a response like that. you do you honey.

Edited by Daftjag

14 minutes ago, Daftjag said:

Says a lot about our fan base rn that a post saying back the club provokes a response like that. you do you honey.

What does it say?

That fans won't hand over money freely, whilst our board of directors burn through it like it's going out if fashion?

Give me one reason I should give them money, if they are mismanaging the money they already have?

I'm glad I'm free thinking and can make decisions for myself. I pity the folk who are gullubly buying the pish being fed to us by the club. 

Edited by dave.j

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

What does it say?

That fans won't hand over money freely, whilst our board of directors burn through it like it's going out if fashion?

Give me one reason I should give them money, if they are mismanaging the money they already have?

I'm glad I'm free thinking and can make decisions for myself. I pity the folk who are gullubly buying the pish being fed to us by the club.

Shouldnt celebrate wins.

Shouldn't pay money to back the club. 

What should we do to help the club? Educate me