The Partick Thistle thread

11 hours ago, dave.j said:

Busy day at Firhill as we keep being everything to everyone, by tweeting happy birthday wishes to a volunteer who's in hospital. Tweeting condolences to a former player who's dad passed away last week, having only found out via Hibernians twitter feed. Oh and we've got October's player of the month award.

My vote goes to Ross Docherty for his assist on Saturday. 

Can't wait for tomorrow, when we will be joining the Clap for Camp Sites initiative, interviewing Antonio German on his time at the Club and monitoring police radio for any major incidents we can jump on the back of.

I don't know what you expect on a Sunday from the Twitter feed? Day off for staff and management team.

But low having a pop at the tweet about John Smith. Poor guy has had health issues and has now been in ICU with Covid-19 for a couple of weeks.

Also I'd no idea Kevin Nisbet had lost his dad until seeing it onTwitter.

I'm sure there was plenty of Thistle chat around you could have got involved with?

12 hours ago, dave.j said:

Busy day at Firhill as we keep being everything to everyone, by tweeting happy birthday wishes to a volunteer who's in hospital. Tweeting condolences to a former player who's dad passed away last week, having only found out via Hibernians twitter feed. Oh and we've got October's player of the month award.

You can blame many people for our faults on and off the pitch, but having a go at the club’s (presumably voluntarily) media team for sending a get well soon message to a fan who’s in intensive care in hospital and to Kevin Nisbet‘s dad who sadly passed away, really is over the top. Direct all your frustration at the players/management/board, not at the hard-working media team. 

Edited by JagsCG

It wasn't a get well soon message though, there was already one of those last week. This time it was wishing him a happy birthday. That follows a few weeks ago the announcement of the birth of the daughter of some random Thistle fan.

We're someone punting a second hand washing machine away from turning into the classifieds section of the local paper.

2 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

I don't know what you expect on a Sunday from the Twitter feed? Day off for staff and management team.

But low having a pop at the tweet about John Smith. Poor guy has had health issues and has now been in ICU with Covid-19 for a couple of weeks.

Also I'd no idea Kevin Nisbet had lost his dad until seeing it onTwitter.

I'm sure there was plenty of Thistle chat around you could have got involved with?

They were tweets from Monday. Not Sunday.

Do we now tweet condolences to every former player who loses a family member? 

16 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It wasn't a get well soon message though, there was already one of those last week. This time it was wishing him a happy birthday. 

Guy’s in intensive care with a deadly disease, a volunteer around the club for years, so what if we put out a Happy Birthday message to him. It’s just the media guys trying to be considerate (and for all we know, they could’ve been asked to do it)

5 minutes ago, dave.j said:

I think it was more to do with the fact Kevin came through the academy, and many around the club would have met his Dad, and there’s no harm in passing on condolences, it’s a very sad thing.

Given, the current situation on the park, this is a very strange thing to get annoyed at. 

Good on the media team, doing a good and classy job, shame the same can’t be said for the players. 

39 minutes ago, dave.j said:

They were tweets from Monday. Not Sunday.

I was off yesterday. Still, so what he's a popular person around the club and goes home and away so a lot of people would be happy to wish him best wishes for his birthday at a difficult time.

I read it from an official Hearts tweet retreating Hibs. Again, what's the issue? He was at the club for a good few years.

Social media content doesn't have to be confrontational. 

If you don't like it scroll past. There's a lot more important things going on than Partick Thistle at the moment.

What content were you actually waiting for?

21 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

What content were you actually waiting for?

We don’t actually need to tweet anything, but confirmation of what’s happening with Declan Glass would have been preferable to “someone you don’t know has had a child”

The “get well soon” one was fine as he’s involved at the club, but I have no idea why we’re doing the other stuff. The woman’s daughter got an actual article on the website for f**k sake.

21 hours ago, Nightmare said:

McCall seems the sort of stubborn character who, because people want to see Gordon benched and want to see Lyons get a chance, will deliberately not give in to these demands to try and prove a point.

Gordon Strachan (whilst Scotland manager) syndrome.

12 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

We don’t actually need to tweet anything, but confirmation of what’s happening with Declan Glass would have been preferable to “someone you don’t know has had a child”

The “get well soon” one was fine as he’s involved at the club, but I have no idea why we’re doing the other stuff. The woman’s daughter got an actual article on the website for f**k sake.

What a strange thing to get annoyed about.

Fair enough, it might not be your thing (nor mine). But just shrug and move on with your day, youve surely got better things to worry about.

3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

What a strange thing to get annoyed about.

Fair enough, it might not be your thing (nor mine). But just shrug and move on with your day, youve surely got better things to worry about.

Who's annoyed?

I think it's probably more a case of pointing and laughing at the club. But then that sadly follows with some dismay. 

8 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

Has there been any updates on Sneddon and McKenna’s scans and situations as of yet? 

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-match-preview/assistant-managers-preview-alan-archibald-7th-november-2020/

Next, Archie gave us updates on Jamie Sneddon and Zak Rudden who both went for surgeries this week to solve issues that had seen them miss recent fixtures.

“Jamie went for his operation this morning so we haven’t actually heard how his went yet. Zak’s was on Wednesday and he came through his fine so now for both of them it’s about getting stuck in to their rehab programs and trying to work their way back to fitness...

Ciaran McKenna is another player who has missed time in the past few weeks and will have to go for surgery but Archibald says that Coronavirus protocols have slowed the process of his recovery.

“His has taken a bit longer because he was going to see a consultant to get a better look at it and you have to actually register a negative COVID test just to get in the door and be looked at so it’s just an example of how everything takes an extra couple of days at the moment."

Too soon to say it’s a “must win” today? Either way, I can’t recall having such low expectations. Hopefully this is the lowest point ....
Obviously it's not mathematically a must win, but a loss today makes the prospects of automatic promotion seem pretty bleak indeed. It would actually be out of our hands after only four games. Win today though and we've a decent run of fixtures ahead.

I don’t think it’s too early to say it’s a must win. If we lose today hopes of the title look very bleak, we have to win this otherwise we are going to be spending the rest of this season arseing about mid table trying to get the playoffs.